HTC Supposedly Working on Smartwatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

clonazepam

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
Hmmm... is this for people who don't already have a smartphone? I mean, if my phone's already pretty smart, does everything it does, and tells me the time... regular watches have already fallen to the same usefulness as rings, and nothing more than jewelry. Why would I want a smartphone and a smartwatch? Will they talk to each other and say anything useful? If I have an Android phone and an iOS watch, will they fight? How's it all going to play out?

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
I would buy a smartwatch. In fact, i want one very much. Unfortunately, current smartwatches are overpriced, underspecced and looks fugly. Needs at least 2-3 years for this market to mature and makes a smartwatch you would want to wear and not cost the same as a mid-priced smartphone!

largg

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
I rather see HTC continue focus on smart phones, maybe offer a tablet if they know they could see it profitably. I think their best bet is offering a refined HTC One or better yet, a One with a good five row keyboard.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Will the smartwatch be this years big selling holiday gift everyone gets, but no one really wants?

Really, they cost as much as a tablet, phone, netbook, laptop, TV... and do very little and have short battery life. Just exactly who is asking for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.