HTC Vive problems

Jonathan Cave

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Hey all i'm having a few issues which hopefully you can help.

1. Is there any way of setting up a room scale and standing only profile so i don't need to configure a set up each time ?

2. When swapping the vive to a friend, sometimes the controllers become unusable i.e. virtually the controller can be 3ft away but its in my hand which requires me to restart vive to have it working properly again.

3. Although i've adjusted the headstraps , lens distance and IPS (pupil distance) correctly i frequently struggle to read text clearly.

4. Is there any way to understand the exact scanning area of the base stations so i can check for maximum coverage?

5. I've set super-sampling to 1.5 in the steamvr.config file - anything else i can do do improve visual fidelity?

6. I use a gaming headset/mic - how can i set the sensitivity of my headset's mic (i dont use the HTC built in one)

Cheers for reading & responding!

Solution
>> 1. Is there any way of setting up a room scale and standing only profile so i don't need to configure a set up each time ?

Once you configure the room for Room Scale, you don't need to adjust anything. Sit, stand, all the same.

>> 2. When swapping the vive to a friend, sometimes the controllers become unusable i.e. virtually the controller can be 3ft away but its in my hand which requires me to restart vive to have it working properly again.

It sounds like you have a lighthouse issue. Ensure they are mounted high at an angle and are aligned up with each other.

>> 3. Although i've adjusted the headstraps , lens distance and IPS (pupil distance) correctly i frequently struggle to read text clearly.

Astigmatism affects many...

Tri23

Respectable
May 31, 2016
>> 1. Is there any way of setting up a room scale and standing only profile so i don't need to configure a set up each time ?

Once you configure the room for Room Scale, you don't need to adjust anything. Sit, stand, all the same.

>> 2. When swapping the vive to a friend, sometimes the controllers become unusable i.e. virtually the controller can be 3ft away but its in my hand which requires me to restart vive to have it working properly again.

It sounds like you have a lighthouse issue. Ensure they are mounted high at an angle and are aligned up with each other.

>> 3. Although i've adjusted the headstraps , lens distance and IPS (pupil distance) correctly i frequently struggle to read text clearly.

Astigmatism affects many Americans. See your eye-doctor.

>> 4. Is there any way to understand the exact scanning area of the base stations so i can check for maximum coverage?

This gets tricky. There is a maximum recommended distance. You can try checking the Advanced tab in the room-setup, but I have no experience messing with that, or a big enough play area in my VR room to really push it. If you get too far, eventually you will be in VR and you will get that "World Drift" randomly.

>> 5.. (no idea.)

>> 6. I use a gaming headset/mic - how can i set the sensitivity of my headset's mic (i dont use the HTC built in one)

That is handled in the Windows Audio configuration under "Recording Devices". You can set your mic sensitivity there.
(99% sure you can find tutorials online if you can't find it. Pretty much Rmouse on your audio icon in sys tray, and go from there.)

Hope that helps! :)

Solution