htcphone charge light blinking problem

Shaima_2

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016
I've had the phone for 5 months, it was on 30% battery and I went to check it, it was turned off, I thought it must've been dead so put it on charge and instead of a solid LED light coming on, it just blinked then I tried a different outlet, different charger base, still doesn't appear to be charging, cant remove the battery, I did the soft reset it worked once but in the next day the same problem appear . i cant connect it to my laptop .. it doesn't respond for my order's to go on recovery mode . i gave it to an expert and he didn't know what to do with it .. Anyone know what to do? It's been charging for 12 hours so far. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
That means you should have it tested to see if that is the problem. :) As to cost, I can't say. Different devices, different parts sources, different parts of the world.... to many variables. :) However, even if you have it replaced for you (which make sure it is tested first) it shouldn't be a huge cost.

All that said, I found this on the HTC site... so you may still want to contact them...

"“Warranty Period,” for a Product, means twelve (12) months from the date You purchased the Product from an authorized retailer."

You can call them or contact them via the support area of their site. It is way better to go that route than the just jump in and try to do it on your own (and void said warranty).
Well you could try a "Hard Reset" however that would erase anything you have on it So I would suggest that as a last resort.

If it is, however, only 5 months old, then it may well still be under warranty with manufacturer. You may want to contact them to see if it is, and if it is, they may repair or replace is for you.

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the phone.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

3. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

4. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

5. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

6. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

7. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.

Shaima_2

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016
Thank you "webworkings"

unfortunately it is not under warranty..

i did try to do Hard Reset to my phone
it responded once to the order "by Pressing the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen."
after i sow the HBOOT screen .. the phone unexpectedly turned off
and after that it didn't responde to any order again .
even when i connect it to my laptop i can't see any icon on it refer to the phone
If you have any other solution to help me would be appreciated .

That means you should have it tested to see if that is the problem. :) As to cost, I can't say. Different devices, different parts sources, different parts of the world.... to many variables. :) However, even if you have it replaced for you (which make sure it is tested first) it shouldn't be a huge cost.

All that said, I found this on the HTC site... so you may still want to contact them...

"“Warranty Period,” for a Product, means twelve (12) months from the date You purchased the Product from an authorized retailer."

You can call them or contact them via the support area of their site. It is way better to go that route than the just jump in and try to do it on your own (and void said warranty).

Solution