HTC's Dr. Dre-Branded Rezound Will Cost You $299

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

ihadnoidea - the tech has been out there for a couple of years but only been on some devices and/or was a bit more expensive, however it is slowly coming into more devices.

Laptop the charges wirelessly from Dell: http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-10362968-260.html

Mobile phone charging pad: http://www.powermat.com/

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]crinkdude[/nom]dr dre sucks haha why all this crap with his name on it[/citation]
haha it has only made them very rich haha yeah.......

rylan

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
[citation][nom]ihadnoidea[/nom]whaaaat? That is possible now?[/citation]

My toothbrush does this. So, it's really not a big deal.

Stardude82

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
[citation][nom]ihadanidea[/nom]ihadnoidea - the tech has been out there for a couple of years...[/citation]
My power tooth brush charges wirelessly, and that's been around since at least the 80's. Nickolai Tesla came up with the idea of wireless power 100 year ago.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
It'd be really cool if all these HTC phones didn't look the same. I had an Evo 4G for a few weeks last year...can't say anything I've seen from them looked much different. ...or perhaps that's the desired affect.

If Apple released phone after phone after phone after phone that all looked the same I'm sure their sales would be negatively impacted.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
Oh...and I'm kind of doubting the whole "iPhone as a status symbol" thing. ...maybe back in '07, but now, really? What yesteryear moe-ron thinks they look cool because they have an iPhone still? ...its just a phone, abeit a phone I do like, but just a phone nonetheless.

TeKEffect

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Everyone trashing Dre.... The specs are great on that phone. You may be paying $50 for Dre's name. But you get 1.5ghz processor and and a 720 p screen. The nexus prime (galaxy nexus) is only 1.2ghz. And I had wireless charging with my palm pre, one if the best features just set on the touchstone dock and there you go. Its a nice convenience considering how often you need to plug, unplug your phone. plus what that would keep the phone angled right and all notifications readable without touching your phone

zilnicra

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
you do realize that all of the high end phones are going to cost you 299 out of pocket (650-750 without the 2 year data plan). the price of the phones aren't changing, it's how much of a subsidy the wireless providers are giving you (read less). this is one of the few areas where we are not actually paying more for a "name".

ps Dre is the man... end of story

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]TeKEffect[/nom]Everyone trashing Dre.... The specs are great on that phone. You may be paying $50 for Dre's name. But you get 1.5ghz processor and and a 720 p screen. The nexus prime (galaxy nexus) is only 1.2ghz. And I had wireless charging with my palm pre, one if the best features just set on the touchstone dock and there you go. Its a nice convenience considering how often you need to plug, unplug your phone. plus what that would keep the phone angled right and all notifications readable without touching your phone[/citation]

The specs are spectacular. That is not the issue, though...for me. While us "enthusiasts" care about those specs the average Joe wants a unique and good looking device, I think, especially if its not the popular thing that everyone has (which, yes, is a dumb-@$$ criteria for a piece of technology). I think, with this particular piece the "Dre" name may assist, but so many Android phones are "me-too" samples...often with great specs, though. They do sell, and that's what counts, so perhaps my perspective is very unique itself.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]crinkdude[/nom]dr dre sucks haha why all this crap with his name on it[/citation]

Keep in mind that's your viewpoint and, TBH, his net worth is indicative that its not a very common one.

Status
Not open for further replies.