Ronens1400

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
I use Visual studio 2013 community edition because I have a project to do ,so I created a website but in my menu I want to have buttons which on clicking will open a new page but I want it to open the new page not in a new tab but in the same tab ,if anyone can please write me the code or direct me to a site which talks about this I'll be grateful

Solution
Umm... normally if you want to specify a target, you would use a target attribute. If you want a new window or tab, you spec the target=_blank. From what you describe, you want to open it in the current active tab/window which holds focus. This is the default behavior of the a tag.

As in <a href=this.document.html>Link/Image/etc</a> - this opens in the current window
And <a href=this.document.html target=_blank>Link/Image/etc</a> - this opens in a new window/tab.

Rookie_MIB

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
Umm... normally if you want to specify a target, you would use a target attribute. If you want a new window or tab, you spec the target=_blank. From what you describe, you want to open it in the current active tab/window which holds focus. This is the default behavior of the a tag.

As in <a href=this.document.html>Link/Image/etc</a> - this opens in the current window
And <a href=this.document.html target=_blank>Link/Image/etc</a> - this opens in a new window/tab.

Solution