Solved! Huawei mate 10 lite problem with power button

Feb 4, 2020
i press the power and volume up button to open boot manager. it successfully open.
but after 10 - 20 seconds screen went blank, and nothing shows on screen.
i am pressing power button but no response on screen.
what could be the problem with phone?

Solution
It could be a number of things.

1. The simplest is that it just needs a charge.
  2. The battery is in need of replacing, no longer charging correctly.
  3. The screen is loose and needs to be repaired.
  4. The screen is damaged and needs to be replaced.

There are other issue that it could be as well. Other hardware having been damaged or needing replacement.

Additionally, depending on why you were going into that part of the system could have caused a problem as well.

I would suggest having it looked at by a tech (or the manufacturer if under warranty) if it is anything more than just lack of a charge.
It could be a number of things.

1. The simplest is that it just needs a charge.
  2. The battery is in need of replacing, no longer charging correctly.
  3. The screen is loose and needs to be repaired.
  4. The screen is damaged and needs to be replaced.

There are other issue that it could be as well. Other hardware having been damaged or needing replacement.

Additionally, depending on why you were going into that part of the system could have caused a problem as well.

I would suggest having it looked at by a tech (or the manufacturer if under warranty) if it is anything more than just lack of a charge.

Reactions: usamagee99
Solution
Feb 4, 2020
@webworkings thanks for your reply.
as i have charged it in the morning 100% complete, working fine till 11am, i want to reset and wipe my data entirely. so i go into boot manager and try to wipe it. but suddenly this happens. options appears for 10-20 seconds but after that screen goes blank. and on pressing power button this doesn't respond.

NOTE: Yes, I know some phone batteries are not so easy to get to, on some devices. In such a case, make sure that your phone is not under warranty still before you try opening it up yourself. If it is under warranty, then contact the manufacturer first.

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. Remove the battery.
  2. Press and hold the "Power" button for 20 seconds.
  3. Now put the battery back in.
  4. Plug it in to charge and allow it to fully charge before turning it on.
If it still won't power on, or not having the display turn on, then you are going to need to have it looked at.