Solved! Huawei mediapad T1 8.0 firmware help

Jul 2, 2018
model s8-701u
The computer can recognize my tab when I try to connect it using a cable, but it can only connect to pc/laptop, it doesn't charge. The battery is drained since September 2018, and the tab was off since then. I went to several technician and they said they can't find a firmware for it, so they will open the tab to reprogram it since the tab won't charge/boot on (if I remembered it correctly). The cost is too high, and it's the same amount as what I paid for this pre-owned tab

Before this issue, my tab android.settings, google playstore, wifi/bluetooth connectivity, gmail/etc. all showed error. I tried the method with holding volume down - power button, and I think that made it worse

Solution
If it doesn't power on at all, firmware isn't the problem. It is likely hardware, battery, etc. If, however, it powers on but gets stuck at say the logo, then it may need to be reset. This shouldn't require the installation of any firmware though, not unless you had previously rooted the device. Then it would be better to unroot it.
Holding down the power and volume will just do a "Hard Reset" which will wipe the device and then reinstall the original system. However, that only works if the device hasn't had the OS altered. If it was rooted, or anything else like this done to it, then normal options to reset, etc., won't work on the device.

Also, if it isn't turning on and not charging, that would not be an issue with the software, that sounds like hardware. Have you, or the 'techs' that have looked at it, bothered to try a different charger, replacing the battery, checking the port for the charger to make sure it isn't damaged, etc.? That is where I would start if it isn't charging.

Jul 2, 2018

Yes, they tried different cables. One tech said the pc could only read it, but it doesn't charge. The battery is drained for more than 5 months. 2 out of 3 techs just 'brushed me off' and said they don't have a firmware for it. The other said he has to open it to fix it, but it cost as much as this pre-owned tablet. He said "I can't fix it without opening the device, because I can't get any firmware for it". I'm very dumb abt this things, so I thought if anyone could help providing the firmware, maybe I could send it to the tech so he doesn't have to open the device

If it doesn't power on at all, firmware isn't the problem. It is likely hardware, battery, etc. If, however, it powers on but gets stuck at say the logo, then it may need to be reset. This shouldn't require the installation of any firmware though, not unless you had previously rooted the device. Then it would be better to unroot it.

Solution
Jul 2, 2018

Thanks