Question Huawei P30 Pro Front Camera Flashes White with Purple Glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravaell

Estimable
Aug 5, 2016
Hello. I have a pawn shop bought Huawei P30 Pro that I have no warranty on or the possibility to send it back. Essentially the phone is brand new and everything works great and fast except the front camera. See, the problem is it only does the flashing white followed by purple glitches on daylight. It doesnt do it indoors with artificial light AND it does NOT do it even in daylight when I switch to video on the front camera. It works flawlessly even in the brightest sun. What is going on? What is this?

Things I have tried: wiping camera cache/data, force stopping the camera, switching to other cameras(from google play), shutting down/resetting the phone like a dozen times, going back to a previous version of emui, factory reset. NOTHING worked, the same thing happens. How can this be a bad sensor if the front camera works perfectly in daylight but only on video mode and also indoors with artificial lighting??

Please help me out. Thanks !

ravaell

Estimable
Aug 5, 2016
Update: I downloaded another camera app and managed to manually control the ISO and Shutter speed. Modifying shutter speed does nothing but when the ISO is bellow 100 the screen just turns white with a purple halo in the middle even in complete darkness. Is it fixable? Can I somehow stop it from going beneath ISO 100?

Status
Not open for further replies.