News Huge Frontier hack exposed personal info of 750,000 customers — including Social Security numbers

Fox Tread3

Prominent
Jun 19, 2023
June 12, 2024 - Hacks like this happen more often the general public is aware of. I have ranted against the idea of "convenience" that so many companies offer to their customers. "Sync all of your devices, services, data, etc. So that you can move seamlessly from one device and/or location to another." That's fine until one of the accounts, devices and services is hacked. Then it's like a row of dominoes falling as the hackers go down the list of everything that is connected. The usual ineffectual and lame "make good" that hacked companies offer is too little, too late. I pay Frontier extra to continue to get monthly bills in the mail and pay by check. I refuse to let them or any company have access to my bank account, and any related information unless absolutely necessary. The more personal information that these companies have of their customers, and seem to be incapable of protecting. The worse it is. I suggest that the public limit their exposure as much as possible, and be VERY leery of "conveniences" offered by companies.