Hulu Explains its Cease in PS3 Streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Basically, Sony is being a pain, programming stuff to play on the PS3 is a pain, and there aren't enough PS3 users to make it worth the head ache. Good job interfering Sony. You let your potential customers know that they don't need any additional services to add to their PS3 to make it worth while. It makes a nice piece of furniture after they play the few good exclusive games that are worth owning for it. Yeah, great.

baudelier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Not at all surprising. After all this is the same company that let SONY Music refuse to Give SONY Pictures the right to use the song title "Knocking on Heavens Door" as the subtitle to the Cowboy Bebop Movie.

waxdart

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Anytime a system is locked down for no good reason a 0 and a 1 looses it's wings. :(

If it's on the web and I can use the ps3 to browse the web - It should be of no business to sony what I look at.

M$ should should shout "we love hulu" 360 only. :)

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
[citation][nom]baudelier[/nom]Not at all surprising. After all this is the same company that let SONY Music refuse to Give SONY Pictures the right to use the song title "Knocking on Heavens Door" as the subtitle to the Cowboy Bebop Movie.[/citation]

There's no mention at all in the article that Sony are the ones behind this. I don't know why all the comment replies here seem to assume its Sony's fault. This is Hulu having an issue with their content suppliers, not Sony having an issue with Hulu streaming onto its consoles.

I have my issues with Sony a lot of the time but that's no reason to start screaming that this is all Sony's fault when neither the article nor the article's source has ever mentioned anything regarding any relationships with Sony other than that the console they're streaming to is manufactured by Sony.

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]spanky deluxe[/nom]There's no mention at all in the article that Sony are the ones behind this. I don't know why all the comment replies here seem to assume its Sony's fault. This is Hulu having an issue with their content suppliers, not Sony having an issue with Hulu streaming onto its consoles.I have my issues with Sony a lot of the time but that's no reason to start screaming that this is all Sony's fault when neither the article nor the article's source has ever mentioned anything regarding any relationships with Sony other than that the console they're streaming to is manufactured by Sony.[/citation]

It's called reading between the lines and being able to deduce something without having your hand held and told what to believe.

Stop being a little $ony fanboy and figure it out. This has sony written all over it. Sony as a whole corporation seems hell bent on tearing themselves down from the inside. I am not sure what is going on over there but there seems to be a lot going wrong with that company for a few years now.

Around the same time of the development of the PS3 the company as a whole seemed to be on a downward spiral. I am not saying PS3 doomed the company...but I will say that PS3 was a product of whatever is wrong in the company. Things seemed to fall apart around the same time period. Can't blame pirates for this one...but I seem to remember them blaming the internet though.

G

"It's called reading between the lines and being able to deduce something without having your hand held and told what to believe.

Stop being a little $ony fanboy and figure it out. This has sony written all over it. Sony as a whole corporation seems hell bent on tearing themselves down from the inside. I am not sure what is going on over there but there seems to be a lot going wrong with that company for a few years now."

Look who's talking? It seems that you are the fanboy!
This is hulu blocking the contents from PS3's browser! Not SONY asking money from hulu for its contents.

Ok I understand it well, you failed on your reading comprehension subjects at grade school. You are excused! LOL!

brian5780

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2008
Aside from all the Sony bashing going on, and some idiots that claim to be reading between the lines, did no one stop to think that Microsoft might be the one behind the lockout of PS3 consoles on Hulu? Hulu was primarily started by NBC and Fox. Microsoft is partners with NBC. So wouldn't it make more sense to assume that this is M$ wanting another exclusive for the 360?

gadgetmerc

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
So I kind of expected people on this site to understand how the web works. When you connect to a website you identify what browser you’re using. Hulu denies requests from a PS3. Sony has a browser that follows web standards, that is there only crime in this situation.

Reading between lines when you’re uniformed isn’t a crime either, but you should understand what the lines mean. Calling someone a fan boy because you don’t really know what is going on should be a crime.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
[citation][nom]bill gates is your daddy[/nom]It's called reading between the lines and being able to deduce something without having your hand held and told what to believe.Stop being a little $ony fanboy and figure it out. This has sony written all over it. Sony as a whole corporation seems hell bent on tearing themselves down from the inside. I am not sure what is going on over there but there seems to be a lot going wrong with that company for a few years now.Around the same time of the development of the PS3 the company as a whole seemed to be on a downward spiral. I am not saying PS3 doomed the company...but I will say that PS3 was a product of whatever is wrong in the company. Things seemed to fall apart around the same time period. Can't blame pirates for this one...but I seem to remember them blaming the internet though.[/citation]

Errr... since when is common sense evidence that I'm a "fan boi". I specifically said that "I have my issues with Sony". Although I own a PS3, I bought it only as a Blu-ray player and don't have any games for it. I bought it because at the time of purchase it was the cheapest and best Blu-ray player out.

Gadgetmerc here is right on the money. Sony has nothing to do with this. You can read any number of different things "between the lines". I.e. it could just as likely be a rival licensee to Sony getting peeved that their content could potentially be driving sales for Sony hardware - or a content provider being worried that since stuff could be played via Hula on a PS3, some people would be less likely to purchase DVD or Bluray copies of series.

The world is not all a big conspiracy.

billin30

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
There is a program called PlayOn that will stream Hulu and Netflix among many other things to your PS3. I am trying it out for the trial. Hulu was down for a few days, but it works now, just watched The Office on it the other day. Netflix works quite nicely as well. Its 40 bucks for a lifetime license and its still in a beta stage, but it works very nicely. Kinda the same as if you have your files shared to the PS3, your queue gets shared to there as well, it just creates a media server. Many of you may know about this but, its much nicer to use than having to use the PS3 browser.

G

they now block z share and a few other sites as of firware 3.01.

Status
Not open for further replies.