Hulu May Not Use a Pay Only Subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
PLEASE keep it free. my parents (im 15 not a 30 year old loser living w/ my mom) canceled our cable w/ Time Warner (they sucked and charges escalated) and hulu has all the cool stuff.

G

no adds, full 1080p quality, exclusive content, and I am willing to pay!

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]no adds, full 1080p quality, exclusive content, and I am willing to pay![/citation]

By exclusive you mean pr0nz?

I rarely ever use Hulu as I don't watch tv, but the service should remain free to those who do. Just offer a premium service that costs a monthly fee with stm1185's suggestions. GG Hulu.

billin30

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
I already pay my outrageous cable bill, not they want to charge me twice for the same content? I hate that as soon as there is this new, cool, FREE thing out there, some asshole comes along and thinks...how can I make more money off of this? For the longest time I thought Hulu was too good to be true and I never even checked it out. I love it now, but no way in hell I am paying for it.

bigalfantasy2004

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Back in the mid-90s, a lot of websites tried to get people to pay for content and failed miserably. That is why ads began appearing on websites. If Hulu can't figure this out, then I'm pretty sure there will be competing sites that can.

mikepaul

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
So, the few times I watched Hulu on my 360 using PlayOn, the movies had commercials. Isn't THAT the revenue source to rely on? I can't complain a lot about unedited movies that have commercials...

Stardude82

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
What I don't get is... they can require you to answer two simple questions like age and sex, as long as it's anonymous of course, and target ads accordingly. This should be an amazing marketing tool. Google has made an empire out of making money off of context sensitive advertising. Why can't News Corp and NBC?

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
I am also willing to pay a reasonable subscription fee but the worry I have is that of having to pay for bandwidth down the road and a subscription fee. Not an issue now but if you pay $50/mo for say 100GB and a fee to hulu, regular cable is looking better again and their business model will fall flat. I hope that does not happen but is something we should consider. Additionally, if I am going to pay a fee, then I want to be able to access that content at the same time it would normally be airing, not the next day. The daily show is just not quite the same the day after. It's like cold pizza, some people love it, some people hate it and I am of the latter.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
[citation][nom]stardude82[/nom]What I don't get is... they can require you to answer two simple questions like age and sex, as long as it's anonymous of course, and target ads accordingly.[/citation]
They already know my age and sex but I still get ads for feminine products of which I will not ever buy, perplexing...but back when they had those Reeses ads playing btwn every show, I'll be damned that it made me want a fricken Reeses every 10 minutes!

Status
Not open for further replies.