HWmoniter are TMPIN0 to 2 effecting by cpu cooling?

KittyOfDoom

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
I am curious if these values are improved with cpu cooling.

I noticed my processors temp is 16C when these temps are close to 40C, so I am curious if these temps are affected by cpu cooling.

nukemaster

Distinguished
Unless you are in a VERY cool room, a cpu temp of 16c is most likely not accurate anyway.

Since the built in cpu sensors are designed to throttle a cpu and shut it down in case of overheating, they are not always accurate at low temperatures.

Because HWmonitor and other software monitoring is designed for a wide range of hardware getting some irregular readings is not uncommon. These software packages read various sensors common to many boards and not all boards use all the inputs. This is a common reason for errors like 128c or other super high temperatures as well as seeing 12 volt rails reading 1 volt or some other random value.

Because of all this variety, the software does not know if it is seeing a cpu temperature or a chipset, vrm or other are of the board.

Your board may have its own software to compare to the third party software you are running. Most board software will not read the same core temps(socket/LGA or another on die sensor is common).

KittyOfDoom

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
Well I notice my processor on this program never goes above 50 but my 3 temps can hit 80C, which is why I am upgrading my cpu cooling and paste etc.

I can feel when its 80c so yea, just curious if improving my cpu cooling will even help.
specifically 0 and 1 can hit 80c under full load.

nukemaster

Distinguished
If the sensor is for the cpu than better cooling will help.

I would recommend at least trying your boards software to get a second opinion.

For me HWinfo and HWmon tend to agree, but it may be different for you and is worth a shot for sure.