HyperX Cloud II Microphone Volume Nonadjustable

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiiro

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
I recently got a Hyperx Cloud II, and I find that the microphone is a bit quiet unless it is right in front of my mouth, but than it picks up all my breathing. I've maxed the volume on the external volume control, and on whichever program it is that requires me to speak.

I look in my Playback settings and noticed that the microphone volume for the headset is set to 0, and I am unable to move it.

YjMFhMt.png

Does anyone know why i'm unable to adjust the volume?

I'm on Windows 7.

Arkterus

Commendable
May 13, 2016

Sorry totally read over you post and didn't realise it was the correct fix before making my post. Either way your fix worked for me

CyBergumz

Commendable
May 22, 2016

HyperX has released a firmware update. Solved the issue for me and a few others.

Theryer

Commendable
May 23, 2016

This screwed my headset even more. Now when using the dongle to adjust the mic volume level i don't even hear the beeps that tell me i'm actually increasing or lowering the volume.

It's sad really. Such a good product made unusable because of this USB controller.

CyBergumz

Commendable
May 22, 2016

Hey,

The no beep made me think it bricked too. Hyperx support states that the mic is adjusted in 10 volume steps and the headphone volume is in 25 volume steps.

Dale_11

Commendable
May 26, 2016
I wish I had of searched for HyperX cloud 2 issues and found this. Just received my new headset and mic volume is very low. My set already has the latest firmware. The issue is still there. I can hear the click as I increase the sound but nothing happens. What a waist of money. The sound quality is amazing but the mic issue is a deal breaker. To anyone wanting to buy these avoid. Will be contacting support tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.