Review HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset Review: Your Budget Headset

Dizahsin (Dion)

Banned
BANNED
Feb 26, 2019
Hello, Forum! This is my First Review ever posted. Please review it, and check the headset out! 😃
|
\/

Is the HyperX Cloud Stinger the best Headset for me? Yes. If you’re looking for a budget gaming headset that is pretty decent in everything, the HyperX Cloud Stinger (Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Stinger-Gaming-Headset/dp/B01L2ZRYVE) or (Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-HX-HSCS-BK-EM-Stinger-Headset/dp/B01LRX2DSA) might be your choice.

Pros:
  • Compatible for PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Mobile, and VR using a 3.5mm analog cable
  • Excellent comfort
  • Great durability and warranty
  • Excellent Midrange sound
  • Noise-Cancelling swivel-to-mute microphone is clear enough to hear through calls or games
Cons:
  • Bass and Treble needs tuning
  • Microphone could have more clarity and air
  • Design is mostly plastic and bulky
  • Headset only recommended for Gaming.
  • Nasal-Quality Microphone is not Detachable, Retractable, or Bendable.
AUDIO: The Cloud Stinger’s audio is average and decent, but doesn’t have all the sparks that other headsets use. The headset’s audio is……you guessed it……Stereo. It uses 50mm Dynamic drivers, making it a big go than the Astro A10, Turtle Beach Recon 50, and the Roccat Cross. Audio for the Mid-Range is almost excellent, it just needs a tiny bit of tuning for the vocals. The bass is responsive and good, but not perfect. Needs more tuning. Same goes with the Treble. Most users have problems with the Mid and the High-Treble. I give audio a 6.5/10, since audio needs work, but okay if you don’t mind about audio quality.

MICROPHONE: The Cloud Stinger’s microphone is also…decent. The Microphone is not detachable or retractable, it uses what HyperX calls swivel-to-mute. Swivel it up, you have it muted. Swivel it down, and you’re ready to talk. It could use air and more clarity, but overall, it makes it perfect for group calls, Discord calls, and game chat. The microphone is enough for games like Fortnite, CS:GO, and VOIPs like Discord and TeamSpeak, but not the option if you’re streaming, recording videos, or vlogging with it. If you want a better microphone, go for the Astro A10. If you want Microphone features, I recommend you go for the Roccat Cross. I give the Microphone a 7/10, making it not-the-best, but good.

COMFORTABILITY: The Cloud Stinger’s comfort is above-average. Not the BEST, but great for hours on end. Your ears may get a little sweaty and hot for intense sessions, but for casual sessions it’s a go. Since it’s over-ear and closed-back, it isolates background noise, and it makes the headset even more comfortable. This headset beats comfort, compared to other headsets I’ve tested with. I give comfort an 8.5/10, making Comfort a great feature in this headset.

DESIGN: The Cloud Stinger’s design is not good-good, but good enough to resist a few accidental drops. This is something I wouldn’t like about the headset, because the Cloud Stinger is mostly made out of plastic, using only thin steel for the headset sliders. The only things making design an option are the 90-degree rotating ear cups, which I’ve used to store on my large backpack, or simply wearing it around my neck, something that other headsets like the Astro A10, the Turtle Beach Recon 50, and the Roccat Cross wouldn’t offer. I give Design a 7/10.

COMPATIBILITY: The Cloud Stinger’s compatibility is excellent and nothing else. Using its non-detachable 3.5mm Analog cable, as I like to call it, you can connect it to your PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Mobile, and VR. Other headsets like the Astro A10 use USB connection depending how and where you buy it. Other headsets can compare and contrast with the Cloud Stinger. I give the Stinger’s compatibility a 9/10.

Bottom Line: If you’re looking for a budget headset with decent scores on everything, this headset may be the one for you. It won’t do a great job on commute, travel, sports, fitness, and mixed usage, but for gaming, it’s great for game-and-chat. With excellent comfort, a smart microphone, good audio, good design, and unlimited compatibility, you can enjoy gaming sessions freely with this headset. If you’re looking for better audio and better design, search for the Astro A10. Need better audio with a compact microphone? Maybe the Roccat Cross is your option. Looking for those bassy headsets, bass-heads? Ha, the Turtle Beach Recon 50 is your choice. The HyperX Cloud Stinger does not have all the sparks you’d except on a headset, but if you’re looking for MEH, and OKAY, then go for it!

Official Site: https://www.hyperxgaming.com/us/headsets/cloud-stinger-gaming-headset (Links may be subject to Copyright.)

This “HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset Review” has been reviewed by Dion Lopez, a Novice Gaming Reviewer. All scores, text, and tests have been reviewed by me. NO information here has been copied from other review sites. All links and images are subject to Copyright. Find any Copyright Claims? Find any False or old information? Please let me know.

—————————————————————————————————————————

UPDATES:
3/18/2019 7:37PM EST - Released Review.
3/18/2019 7:41PM EST - Revised Information and removed Email Address.
3/18/2019 7:43PM EST - Revised Information and Fixed Possible Errors.
3/19/2019 4:00PM EST - Revised and Edited Information.

Last edited:
Reactions: anort3
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
didx Audio 3
daniel.avital62 Audio 2
S Audio 0
D Audio 2
M Audio 0
C Audio 2
F Audio 0
T Audio 0
S Audio 3