HyperX Cloud Stinger mic sending game and music audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmichael

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016
I recently replaced my long loved Plantronics GameCom 380's with a pair of HyperX Cloud Stingers after the 380's mic had broken after around 5 or 6 years of use. I originally was going to simply upgrade to the GameCom 788 as it sounded like a better version of my current pair but i instead decided to do some research into good, cheap gaming headphones and found that the HyperX Cloud Stingers were a common first place.
Although the audio is different it is probably that it is better and i am used to my old headphones. My problem is whenever i talk via a VOIP service, i often simply use steam voice chat, others on the chat can hear a faint version of either the music i am listening too or the audio of my current game. They say this doesn't bug them but it bugs me as i don't know what is causing it. It only seems to happen when i actually talk, as if the mic only turns on when it hears my voice.
In addition i can hear an echo of myself coming from my friends mic but this didn't happen with my old headphones.
Any advice would be helpful as i am currently stumped.
Thankyou

RaDiKaL_

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
Any chance you didn't plug the 3.5mm jacks all the way into your audio card? a bad connection can cause a mix in the data transferred causing to "cross over" your input signal with your output signal.

Another possibility was that you plugged your mic into the auxiliary port instead of the mic one but they should listen only to your system's sound and not your mic.

Shmichael

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016
The wires seem to be connected properly into my computer at the back, amusing into the sound card. I am using an adaptor that came with it converting the default one jack into a separate mic and audio jack, don't know if that would affect it. As for auxiliary port, i am assuming that is the third port (blue for me) on the back. If so it is not plugged into it, only the green audio and pic mic ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.