Hysense 55R6107TV wont work with Sony DVD Player

Oct 27, 2018
Hi guys My 55R6-107 wont connect with my Sony DVD player.

This is the ROKU model and its been fantastic since I bought it about 9 months ago, and until now I have had no issues and I would have recommended it.

However, today I bought a new Sony blueray BDP-S1700 DVD/DivX player and connected it to the HDMI 1 port.

When I go to the home screen and select the HDMI 1 input (that conveniently pops up on the home screen) it goes into a language selection screen (English, French Spanish etc...) and I cannot select anything. I can push the D-pad in any direction and all I get is a confirmation bloop every time I press the D-pad.

English appears to be highlighted as a default and when I push OK a second 1/2 screen window pops up and says 720p - 1080i but again this little 1/2 window will not take any input from the D-pad on the remote including the "ok" button, just bloop bloop bloop every time you push it.
All I can do at that point is hit the home button to get out of those two dead end menu screens.

I have tried all 3 HDMI inputs and I have tried 3 new HDMI cables.

Any ideas?

Related but unrelated: I'm using an HDMI connection because I also have a Logitech surround sound system connected to the 3.5mm audio output of the TV.

Thanks for reading this:
Regan

Oct 27, 2018

I am sooo embarrassed... Hahah!
I cant believe I didnt think of it at the time or while typing it up on Tom's...
Oh ho hoh! If my wife finds out about this brainflart she'll ride me about it for years. I mean YEAAAAAARS.

Thanks for the help.
Regan "Big Dummy" Morben :pt1cable: