I’ll never ditch my Android for an iPhone — unless Apple makes this change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2023
The IPhone does have a swipe gesture, but unfortunately for us right-handed people (which is most people) Apple put it on the wrong side. Having to swipe from left to right is awkward and has caused me to drop my phone on more than one occasion.

Oct 9, 2023
It's a welcome sight to find an article about this issue from a reputable tech platform. This exposure might increase the chances of Apple taking notice. It's also the primary reason why I haven't made the switch from my Pixel 6 Pro to an iPhone, despite the iPhone offering superior battery life. The Pixel 6 Pro's camera, especially for point-and-shoot photography, outperforms the iPhone, although these days, the gap between flagship cameras is narrowing. If Apple were to incorporate Android-like gesture navigation, or even improve upon it, I would enthusiastically consider switching to an iPhone in the future. At present, the absence of this feature is a deal-breaker for me.

Jun 7, 2023
It's a welcome sight to find an article about this issue from a reputable tech platform. This exposure might increase the chances of Apple taking notice. It's also the primary reason why I haven't made the switch from my Pixel 6 Pro to an iPhone, despite the iPhone offering superior battery life. The Pixel 6 Pro's camera, especially for point-and-shoot photography, outperforms the iPhone, although these days, the gap between flagship cameras is narrowing. If Apple were to incorporate Android-like gesture navigation, or even improve upon it, I would enthusiastically consider switching to an iPhone in the future. At present, the absence of this feature is a deal-breaker for me.
Apple has Android-like gesture navigation, in fact that's where the Pixel copied there's from. I have both an iPhone 14 PM and Pixel 7 Pro and get around both platforms with gesture navigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.