i am having a huge problem with my laptop

Jul 15, 2018
i am getting like massive fps drops on everything not just in games but after i turn it on i can feel the fps drops when i am opening a file or watching video and that didnt happen in the past i was playing anything fine and the laptop was fine
i tried everything on the internet i thought it was heat problem but my heat is about 65 68 even when i open the laptop for the first time it is still the same i really need some help

Solution
Constant stuttering can be caused by something hogging your cpu. When it starts stuttering, open your task manager and monitor cpu, memory, and disk percentages. See if any of those are at really high percentages.

While your at it, go ahead and download some temp monitoring software like hwinfo and a stress tester like prime 95. Run the stress test and then screenshot hwinfo while it is stress testing. Laptops get hot, but 65C to 68C while idling is a little high. How long have you had the laptop, and what do you generally use it for?

Oh, also try booting it into safe mode to see if the stuttering persists there.

shmoochie

Prominent
May 10, 2018
Constant stuttering can be caused by something hogging your cpu. When it starts stuttering, open your task manager and monitor cpu, memory, and disk percentages. See if any of those are at really high percentages.

While your at it, go ahead and download some temp monitoring software like hwinfo and a stress tester like prime 95. Run the stress test and then screenshot hwinfo while it is stress testing. Laptops get hot, but 65C to 68C while idling is a little high. How long have you had the laptop, and what do you generally use it for?

Oh, also try booting it into safe mode to see if the stuttering persists there.

Solution