Question I am in the midst of buying my 5th charger, need quality one. I'd like to understand the specs/codes/dimen.(wats,volts,pins etc) Dell laptop(7425)

Jul 11, 2024
I currently have a 2022 Dell Inspiron 14 2in1 (model 7425).
In a matter of only 2 years, I've been through 4 laptop chargers. I have purchased both Dell name brand products (OEM), as well as 2 generic ones off of Amazon . I havn't been hard on these products. I'm starting to believe they all have been made with different failure points. To make a long story short:
I have to buy another new charger so:
1.) Dell has failed me twice. Also, the dells life lasted less than half the time compared to the generic models. Is there a brand or special type of charger I should look for? Because I spent nearly $100 for a Dell , being an OEM product.

AugieTN

Great
Jun 20, 2024
I had a Samsung Chromebook that had the same problem. My best guess is the chargers are under powered and that causes them to fail. When I bought my 4th charger, I would only use it to charge the Chromebook and disconnect the charger when I used the Chromebook.

I've had numerous laptops over the years and have never had a charger problem other than the Samsung Chromebook.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I currently have a 2022 Dell Inspiron 14 2in1 (model 7425).
In a matter of only 2 years, I've been through 4 laptop chargers. I have purchased both Dell name brand products (OEM), as well as 2 generic ones off of Amazon . I havn't been hard on these products. I'm starting to believe they all have been made with different failure points. To make a long story short:
I have to buy another new charger so:
1.) Dell has failed me twice. Also, the dells life lasted less than half the time compared to the generic models. Is there a brand or special type of charger I should look for? Because I spent nearly $100 for a Dell , being an OEM product.
What wattage were the power supplies you purchased?

Looks like that device came with a 65w unit.

I own and have owned/used multiple Dells over the years and have had zero issues with their laptop power supplies.

Reactions: AugieTN