I am looking for a new TV but I am lost, please help

dukable

Estimable
May 27, 2014
Hello,

I am in the look for a new TV but with all the choices available out there, I have no idea what to choose. I currently have a LG 32".

I did go to Best Buy to check the TVs on display so I can have an idea of the picture quality and see for myself. I found the Sony Bravia KDL50W800B to be beautiful. I think it is due to the X-Reality Pro technology, but I am not sure.

I think this TV is a bit pricey for 50" ($999 currently at Best Buy). Is there any TV that would have an equivalent picture quality in the 55"/60" ? for around the same price? I personally do not feel comfortable throwing $1500 in a TV.

We look movies, and some soccer (World Cup coming!!). There are no console in the house at that point but maybe in future, but that is really not a priority.

Help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Edit: The reason I mentioned the Sony Bravia KDL50W800B is because of the picture quality, which looks amazing to me, but maybe some experts here will disagree or know things I do not.

Craffinho

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
I'm stuck on the same question. I was looking at that tv also, although across the pond it's called something different. If that's your price range I don't believe there is a better/equal tv available (certainly not 55"+). You will have to be careful with viewing angles though as with virtually if not absolutely all LCD tv's , as little as 20deg viewing angle can change blacks to grey. Good luck.