I am not finding anywhere to add a wireless network on my Acer AX. It won't even show me the presence of any wireless networks

lizardous88

Estimable
Jun 17, 2014
I have a problem accessing a wireless network. I can't find anywhere where it even will acknowledge the presence of a wireless network. It was previously online using an ethernet cable.

Chicano

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Right click the Network icon in the taskbar notification area and click on Open Network and Sharing Center... If you have a Wireless card installed and configured connection... it should be accessible there.

lizardous88

Estimable
Jun 17, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. Under network connections, I have the option to connect through WAN Miniport (PPPOE) and when I try, I get Error 651: The modem has reported an error. The modem works fine and this computer was working fine when wired into a modem. This is an Acer AX1410-UR10P.

Chicano

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Doesn't look like you have installed the wireless adapter... You can't connect through Miniport, this is already in Windows when it's installed. You have to connect through a connection named as the wireless network adapter which should be accessible after you install the wireless driver... if it's already installed, (Windows 7/8 install network adapters automatically) it should appear in the Device Manager. If so, in the Network and sharing Center.. click on Change Adapter Settings / right click on the Wifi Connection / click on connect and type the router name and password

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Apps General Discussion 3
J Apps General Discussion 1
L Apps General Discussion 1
T Apps General Discussion 1
C Apps General Discussion 2
S Apps General Discussion 3
A Apps General Discussion 1
S Apps General Discussion 4
W Apps General Discussion 1
B Apps General Discussion 10
S Apps General Discussion 1