I am trying to hook up my new PS4 to my old tv that has the red, yellow, and white ports.

KMBLOVESMCD

Estimable
Dec 8, 2015
What do I need? The console only has an Hdmi port. The tv only has the tri color ports. I think an adapter maybe but I have no idea. Please suggest a link where I can get one. Thanks.

getochkn

Splendid

Yes, but HDMI to RCA converters work, so maybe do a bit of a research rather than give an answer that doesn't benefit the poster. PS4 even allowed you to disable HDCP to make this easier and work with more adapters.

Yes, but HDCP is enabled by default, no? And also, HDMI to RCA won't work with HDCP. Won't OP need to first connect it via HDMI -> HDMI then disable HDCP, then use a HDMI to RCA converter?

The PS4 needs to have the 1.70 system update, which would indicate it's enabled by default, since this update let users disable HDCP.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
Z Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
B Streaming Video & TVs 3
L Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
F Streaming Video & TVs 2
V Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
Solved! The dvd player has yellow white and red chords.. and wholes ..but no hdmi slot & the sanyo flat screen tv only has red whole
Solved! Is it possible to connect a ps1 that has a red yellow and white av to an older tv that has yellow and white av plug-in
Solved! Plug in a DVD player using the white yellow and red to white blue and green
Solved! Hit to hook up Nintendo to a element tv it does not have the white red yellow plugs on it
I have a samsung smart TV has no analog outputs and I have an LG DVD player only has the red white and yellow analog outputs c
How do i connect my vcr player with only white and yellow connectors to a tcl roku tv
I don't have yellow or green plugs on my tv it has red and white and worried silver plugs that says audio
Do I use the red white and yellow in the front or the red white and yellow in the back of the TV of the recorder
How do I hook up my red yellow and white to my Philips DVD player that has yellow red white orange green and blue
How do I connect my Nintendo Wii game system which has the normal av in red,yellow,& white cords to connect to my Samsung smar
Plug the red white & yellow into the back of my tv
Want to use red white yellow cable for red white only input
what do I hook the red white and yellow RCA to on my dynexTV coming from the surround sound
I am also having trouble hooking dvd playing to dish..have red white and yellow cables...have olevia tv..regardless of whether
Can I hook up a dvd player to a roku tv red yellow and white
Set red white and yellow leads for volume
I ordered a hdmi to rca which i thought was going to be yellow red white for my ps3 and it came in mail and is green blue red
Trying to hook up red,white,yellow plugs to a insignia tv
I have red white and yellow cable connection on my tv what do I hook that into so that my tv works.
How do I connect my cable box with the yellow red and white cables

ASK THE COMMUNITY