I am unable to reinstall os (that was preinstalled and i have created backup of that in 32 gb pendrive) from my pendrive

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

saif1998

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017
I have lenovo ip310 and my hdd has been replaced and i have taken my os( windows 10 ,64) backup in 32gb pendrive but when i tried to install it after 3.5h it was failed showing that "there was some problem to recover this pc"
Please help me to fixed it sir, please anyone help me
Here what i did
1:- power on and f12+fn
2:- at boot manager usb pendrive selected
3:-Then language and keyboard pattern
4:- then got two options " trlubleshoot" and "turn off pc" TROUBLESHOOT one selected
5:- got two options "recover from drive" and " advance options" RECOVER FROM DRIVE SELECTED
6:-Got two "fully clean your pc" and "just remove my files" FULLY CLEAN MY PC SELECTED
THEN PROCESS STARTED AND AFTER 3.5H OR 4H THE PROCESS WAS FAILED SHOWING " THERE WAS SOME PROBLEM TO RECOVER THIS PC"

PLEASE HELP ME SIR

Solution

A "CD" is 700MB.
A DVD is 4.7GB.

You need a DVD, or a blank USB pendrive of more than 5GB.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Right.
On the MS site for the MediaCreation tool, they recommend a USB of 5GB or larger, or a blank DVD.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
"A blank USB flash drive with at least 5 GB of space or blank DVD (and DVD burner) if you want to create media. We recommend using a blank USB or blank DVD, because any content on it will be deleted. "

I can confirm that it WILL work on a 4GB USB stick.

saif1998

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017
So here what i understood
I am writing step by step
1:- at first i will go to this website and download the os in by a lapyop or deskto https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windo...
2:- then i will download dvd burner shoftware( even dont know how)
3:- then i will insert my dvd (sony, DVD-R, 120min/4.7gb)
4:-and i will copy the os file by DVD burner into my dvd

And please tell me how can i download DVD burner

And please check my dvd,(DVD-R, SONY, 120Min/4.7gb)' can i use this?

USAFRet

Illustrious

You download the application from the MS website. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Run it, and follow the prompts to create the install stuff on a blank DVD.
You do not need to find or install and "DVD burner" software. Your system already has that.
Your Sony DVD-R will work.

saif1998

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017
I mean, if i download the shoftware when net connection available and then after some days if i run that to copy the os file into the dvd, will i be successful to create the recovery media without any problem ?

USAFRet

Illustrious

Ah. No.
What you download directly from Microsoft is just the MediaCreation Tool.
A small exe

Run that, and it downloads the relevant stuff to create your DVD. You must have an internet connection for this.
Once the DVD is created, then you will not need a net connection.
Once you do the install, it will, of course, be unactivated until the system goes online later.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote are part of MS Office. How did you get it the first time?

Paint and Notepad are part of Windows.

ffg7

Splendid
did you pay for the program or where they the trial versions that turn into the basic version after the trial date expires? mcafee is a trial version that comes preload on new computers unless you pay for it besides the costs of the laptop & ms office.