I bought a headset with a single audio and mic cord, my laptop only has one audio and mic jack, mic doesn't work

Pengsey

Estimable
Jan 7, 2016
I bought a new Turtle Beach Ear Force Recon 50P Gaming Headset, it comes with one audio and microphone cord. My laptop has one audio and microphone jack. When I plug it in, the audio is fine but the microphone doesn't work. All that works is the internal microphone in my laptop. Please help!

11sphere92

Estimable
Dec 5, 2014
what program u tested this with? Skype?

Usually laptop, have internal "Mic" inside of it.
So if you use a 3rd program like skype etc, make sure change the "Capture" on settings that you are using your headphone mic

Pengsey

Estimable
Jan 7, 2016

Yes, I was using Skype. I went into the Audio Settings and the microphone is set at Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio). That and Stereo Mix (Realtek High Definition Audio) are the only two options for the skype microphone and speakers option. So basically my computer isn't picking up my headset mic...

Jtech_

Prominent
Feb 13, 2017
I have the exact problem and I just have the head set for only 1 week without using even the mic!
Please some one help!

miningshark23

Estimable
Nov 23, 2014
You could buy a USB sound card. (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sabrent-External-Adapter-Windows-AU-MMSA/dp/B00IRVQ0F8 this one for example) This would solve your problem and they are relatively inexpensive.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
filthyspoons Audio 1
aiden_crawford Audio 1
PierreGird Audio 1
D Audio 1
N Audio 3
G Audio 1
N Audio 1
malrats Audio 1
N Audio 1
J Audio 4
P Audio 1