I can get on Internet on my Samsung smart tv but can not get aps. Do I need some kind of Samsung account ?

Les hunt

Estimable
Dec 21, 2014
I can get on the Internet with my Samsung TV. It is brand-new. I try to purchase Netflix Hulu and other apps such as iTunes radio or Pandora. All I get is a message saying not available or not supported. Do I need to sign up for some type of Samsung account to get these App To work

Solution
You would only be able to install the apps supported by that TV, likely through a firmware update from Samsung. It does not work like a computer or tablet or phone where you can just install programs on. Sounds like you are just going online with the web browser to the app stores and trying to install it from there, that won't work. If it's a "smart" TV it should already have Netflix and Hulu built-in, and likely Pandora.
You would only be able to install the apps supported by that TV, likely through a firmware update from Samsung. It does not work like a computer or tablet or phone where you can just install programs on. Sounds like you are just going online with the web browser to the app stores and trying to install it from there, that won't work. If it's a "smart" TV it should already have Netflix and Hulu built-in, and likely Pandora.

Solution