i can hear sound from my headset but no sound from speakers on my hp pavilion g7

Solution
The speakers should turn off while headset is plugged in. So if that is when you don't hear out of the speakers, that is normal. However, if the speakers make no sound when the headset is unplugged then try the following...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Make sure you are on the "Playback" tab.
4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
5. Now click the "Configure" button and follow the prompts. (Be sure you also click the "Test" button.)
6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".

If none of this allows the speakers to play, and they are not muted either, then...
The speakers should turn off while headset is plugged in. So if that is when you don't hear out of the speakers, that is normal. However, if the speakers make no sound when the headset is unplugged then try the following...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Make sure you are on the "Playback" tab.
4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
5. Now click the "Configure" button and follow the prompts. (Be sure you also click the "Test" button.)
6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".

If none of this allows the speakers to play, and they are not muted either, then you may need to have the hardware looked at.

Solution