I canceled Netflix and I've been watching these streaming services instead

jason wynngard

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
I'm flirting with dropping Netflix after using it for several years. Not that I am all that disappointed with it. It appears others offer fresher (to me) and more varied viewing selections. After viewing the HULU and HBO websites, it appears HBO is the more honest and up front. HBO provides quick and easy to the point answers regarding plans. HULU doesn't do quite as good a job with that. Plus you get these add-ons, which cost you more, it feels like either nickle and dime-ing customers or entrapment of a sort. So if I cease flirting with dropping Netflix, I'll go with HBO because though they cost more, they tell you which cards are on the table up front. Least that's how I see it.

Feb 13, 2022
I use HBO max And Hulu for most of my watching too. Somehow I have Hulu free. It was included as a 99 cent add on to my Spotify bundle 3 or 4 years ago. After a few months, Spotify sent me an email and said, "We're giving it to you for free" so I've just kept it. I use it to rewatch through things(Sunny, Bob's Burgers, the list goes on and on).

I likely won't get rid of Netflix. I usually call it Kflix because the only reason I keep it is for the kdramas. (not the pop culture kdramas but the ones that will release 2 episodes a week. The genres range but I'm almost always watching 1 or 2 at a time.)

One thing I started doing was lowering my plan to the SD plan. If you aren't a stickler for quality, the SD quality treats me just fine(I should say I watch most of my Netflix shows on a phone, tablet, or laptop). It definitely shaves a few dollars off every month.

Sep 8, 2021
I've dropped Netflix and all other streaming services and cable too.
I now only use Cinema, FilmPlus, a $4 a month sub to Real-Debrid, a VPN and an OTA antenna.

Haven't missed a show I've wanted yet.