I cannot connect to wifi on my laptop

xTrinz

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017
I have ASUS VivoBook X540SA i got last year on march. One day i was using it and it shut off when i turned it back on the wifi has a yellow triangle on it. Even when i connect an ethernet cord to it, it will still have a yellow triangle. I dont know whats causing it my battery stays on 0% is that it? I've tried everything i uninstalled the wireless card and updated the wireless card nothing worked.

Solution
Here are a few possible ways out (assuming you're running Windows 10):

Following any major cumulative Windows 10 update you may find that some features are disabled or simply no longer available. Open Device Manager and locate your network controller, e.g. RealTek RTL Wireless LAN. Right-click and select Properties. Select the Power Management tab and uncheck the box that allows the computer to turn off the device to save power. Restart the computer.

You could also check that your WiFi connection is actually active. Open the Settings app and select the Network and Internet page. Then select WiFi in the menu to the left, and then 'Show available networks'. Identify your WiFi network and check that it's connected. You may have to...
Here are a few possible ways out (assuming you're running Windows 10):

Following any major cumulative Windows 10 update you may find that some features are disabled or simply no longer available. Open Device Manager and locate your network controller, e.g. RealTek RTL Wireless LAN. Right-click and select Properties. Select the Power Management tab and uncheck the box that allows the computer to turn off the device to save power. Restart the computer.

You could also check that your WiFi connection is actually active. Open the Settings app and select the Network and Internet page. Then select WiFi in the menu to the left, and then 'Show available networks'. Identify your WiFi network and check that it's connected. You may have to re-connect manually using a password/PIN/security code.

Also, check that 'Airplane' mode is OFF. You might want to charge the battery to at least 60 %. The lower the status the more features Windows will disable to conserve power.

Best of luck,
GreyCatz.

Solution