I cant decide between a computer or tablet.

ruizray

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
So basically I want to build a gaming computer for around 900 but at the same time I dont want to drop that much money to play games that i can already play on consoles. Even if the games arent as pretty. Now the problem comes in where i want to get a tablet or ultrabook for around the same price that I can do some casual gaming but also for other portable purposes such as drawing, watching HD videos, Casual gaming, Etc. Any Ideas on what i should do?

manofchalk

Honorable
May 11, 2012
Typically, the answer to these kinds of questions is get both.
Split your budget and get both, that simple really. The desktop offers a superior gaming experience and productivity, while your tablet/laptop offers you comfortable media consumption and portability. There isn't a solution that will get you all of them, so get both.

Or if you feel that a PC wont be worth it over a console for the pricetag, get a console and a tablet.
Though do consider that regardless of whether you have a tablet, console or whatever, more than likely you will still need a desktop. Internet browsing on a tablet or console is a pretty horrible experience compared to a desktop, and no virtual keyboard will outmatch a physical one.

When you consider that you will need a desktop regardless, spending $300 (the price of PS4) to make it game well doesn't seem too bad.

hang-the-9

Titan
Tablets and PCs are such different animals that you first have to decide what you want to do. Games (as in real games), get a PC. Watching videos, reading books and online stuff, tablet. Large screen, PC, portable, tablet.

If you already have a console, and all you want is a PC for games and maybe videos/movies, may as well get a tablet if you are happy with the screen size and having to sit close to see anything. Lots more options of what you can do things with if you get a computer, but it's not portable or cheap.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sidshan Android Tablets 1
L Android Tablets 3
A Android Tablets 1
M Android Tablets 2
J Android Tablets 1
T Android Tablets 1
S Android Tablets 1
T Android Tablets 1
F Android Tablets 1
M Android Tablets 1
F Android Tablets 1