I can't do the holding method help!!!!

Louie_10

Prominent
May 19, 2017
I can't do the press and hold "0" it's not working and my hard disk is failure and I can't press F1 I can't go to my operating system I can't press anything!!!!!!!! Any method or help!!!!!!!

Solution
press and hold 0 = factory reset on toshiba laptop? what does F1 do?

if hard drive is failed then reset isn't going to work as its on the hdd? which version of windows do you have?

have you tried F2 at startup as that should take you into bios, just to see if hdd still shows?

So from other post I see F1 is a smart failure... that is your hdd, you said its failing, now I see why. You probably need a new drive if you getting SMART warnings (SMART = Self Monitoring And Reporting Technology, its part of your hdd)

Colif

Distinguished
press and hold 0 = factory reset on toshiba laptop? what does F1 do?

if hard drive is failed then reset isn't going to work as its on the hdd? which version of windows do you have?

have you tried F2 at startup as that should take you into bios, just to see if hdd still shows?

So from other post I see F1 is a smart failure... that is your hdd, you said its failing, now I see why. You probably need a new drive if you getting SMART warnings (SMART = Self Monitoring And Reporting Technology, its part of your hdd)

Solution

USAFRet

Illustrious
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Louie_10 : "I can't press F1 in SMART failure hard disk"