Thank you for that highly descriptive information, I can really start to narrow things down from that.
How is it not working????? Does the tv turn on, is it black screen, is it the black and white static?
What DVR or cable box?
Are you using cable package (like from Cox, Comcast, Time Warner, etc), satalie (DirecTV or Dish Network), or free over-the-air antenna??
If antenna where is it mounted??
What troubleshooting steps have you done?
Do you have more then one TV in your home to test?
Are we even talking about your cable service being bad, or are you meaning you cant see a game console or other connceted device?
1) DID YOU CALL THE CABLE COMPANY FOR SUPPORT?!?!?!
2) DID YOU PAY YOUR BILL??? (#1 will immediately tell you that as they route you over to pay it automatically)
3) DID you CHECK the TV Select feature and make sure the TV is set to the CABLE box and NOT the VCR/XBOX/other stuff?
4) Does the TV work for ANYTHING else connected to it (If not then you have a dead TV)
5) Did you check the CABLE BOX / TV MANUALLY pressing the buttons on them than relying on the remote (AKA Remote's batteries are DEAD)?