I can't type ANYTHING on my ASUS without the cursor erasing my work, auto-correcting, etc....it's maddening!!!

Cheryl_53

Prominent
May 11, 2017
This has been going on for WEEKS, and I'm at my wit's end! It literally takes me triple my time to type anything, because my cursor bounces around, often erasing everything I've just typed, moving what I've typed to other places (cutting & pasting), jumping erratically into the middle of other words around the page while I'm typing...I don't like watching while I type because it slows me down, but lately that's what I've had to do to watch where my words are going.
This is beyond frustrating, and I need it to STOP! Please, help!
By the way, just typing this message has taken me nearly 12 minutes due to having to chase the cursor! Please, help!
<email address removed by moderator>

Solution
Try starting up the device in "Safe Mode" and see if you still get the typing issue. If you do, then it is probably hardware and you need to look at the keyboard to see if there are problems with it.

However, if the problem isn't happening in "Safe Mode", then you may well have a virus or malware on the device and need to remove it.

If that is the case, you would need to reboot to get out of "Safe Mode" and run some good deep virus and malware scans. Preferably with more than one program (as then there won't be anything missed).
Try starting up the device in "Safe Mode" and see if you still get the typing issue. If you do, then it is probably hardware and you need to look at the keyboard to see if there are problems with it.

However, if the problem isn't happening in "Safe Mode", then you may well have a virus or malware on the device and need to remove it.

If that is the case, you would need to reboot to get out of "Safe Mode" and run some good deep virus and malware scans. Preferably with more than one program (as then there won't be anything missed).

Solution

GadeEmbossed

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016

Did you press the "insert" key on accident?