I connect PC to TV with HDMI cable and I lose TV signal.

ricklee64

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014
I've had my PC connected to my HDTV for a few years with a VGA/audio cable. Works great. Switching from TV to PC, no problem. I decided to boost the video quality by using an inexpensive HDMI cable. The video from the PC was amazingly improved. But the TV signal drops out when the HDMI cable is plugged in with the PC on. Unplug the HDMI or turn off the PC and the TV signal comes back. Changing HDMI ports does not help. Thinking it might be the cheap cable, I bought a better cable with more shielding and throughput rating, but only a couple channels come in. (I don't use cable TV, just off-air broadcast). I bought a couple of ferrite choke collars, but no change. Do you have any ideas? I could go back to the VGA cable. Samsung 32" if that makes a difference.

Solution
I worked on the system for over 2 hours. I changed to a heavier coax. There was a slight improvement in the signal. I moved the cables around, even wrapped the HDMI cable in foil, but nothing helped. I used the Auto Program on the TV to try to reprogram the signal strengths, but lost half the channels. So I reluctantly re-installed the VGA cable and all my channels are back with no interference. I admit defeat. Maybe when I replace the TV I'll try again.

boju

Distinguished
Here should help find you an answer

https://www.avforums.com/threads/tv-signal-interference-with-hdmi-cable.1271838/

Cable (Two unlucky) and or resolution and Hz from the computer can have an effect

Have you set your computer to 60Hz?

Greg Gregorich

Estimable
Feb 13, 2014
you just reposted my post

ricklee64

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014
I worked on the system for over 2 hours. I changed to a heavier coax. There was a slight improvement in the signal. I moved the cables around, even wrapped the HDMI cable in foil, but nothing helped. I used the Auto Program on the TV to try to reprogram the signal strengths, but lost half the channels. So I reluctantly re-installed the VGA cable and all my channels are back with no interference. I admit defeat. Maybe when I replace the TV I'll try again.

Solution