Solved! I connected my 47in hdtv to my computer it work for a minute then went blue and

redsnapper216

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
i connected my computer to my HDTV 47in and it worked for only a minute before the screen went blue and said not support what that mean?

Solution

You have the black screen set to display as blue, so here it is:

Are you using an HDMI cable or Displayport cable?
If you are, these cables cause the black blinking screen. There is a DRM chip in the graphics card of the video source as well as in the TV tuner. When signals going from one to the other don't synch up, this black blinking screen comes on. I have to use a VGA(D-sub) connector from my computer to TV, because the HDMI cable causes the black screen blinking.

No other TV I tried the HDMI cable on has the Black screen blinking problem, so it is a problem with my TV's HDMI DRM...

pleasenoname

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010

You have the black screen set to display as blue, so here it is:

Are you using an HDMI cable or Displayport cable?
If you are, these cables cause the black blinking screen. There is a DRM chip in the graphics card of the video source as well as in the TV tuner. When signals going from one to the other don't synch up, this black blinking screen comes on. I have to use a VGA(D-sub) connector from my computer to TV, because the HDMI cable causes the black screen blinking.

No other TV I tried the HDMI cable on has the Black screen blinking problem, so it is a problem with my TV's HDMI DRM chip/circuit synching correctly to the DRM signal sent from my computer's graphics card DRM chip.

Solution

pleasenoname

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Furthermore, when I called Samsung, they refused to tell me how to synch the DRM signal from source to reciever.
They suggested I take it to a technician. However, paying for service on my TV for a purposefully created handicap by the corporation\responsible party is an untenable situation and I refuse to do so.