I connected my computer to my TV via DLNA, but....

miha2

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
But when I load the movie, it loads for a sec or two, and then the TV restarts. I know it can play MKV, because I've been playing the same videos from a flash drive, so I don't think the problem is in the format or TV. What else can I try to make it work?

miha2

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
I understand it's the easiest solution, but I have a problem - in that case, I'd need 20' HDMI cable. And that way I wouldn't be able to do anything else. I want just to turn on the movie on the TV while doing something else on my computer. So, it seems to me, it's easier to make my WMP as a media server and just share the movies to the TV. But the TV restarts as soon as I turn the movie on on the TV through DLNA.

Louise Porkolt

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
I think There is some truth in what Miha2 says. I heard somewhere that movie-file is read into the memory before playing it. This can cause the TV to overflow. But I don't understand and cannot link the "shutdown" because of this !

why not work with a "raspberry pie" and install it behind your TV ? Makes the HDMI-cable shorter ! and let the network cover the distance !

Good luck,

Cheers, Louise.