I cut the cord a year ago — here's how much I saved and what I've learned

Rich 1944

Prominent
Aug 1, 2021
I can also get all of my 10 or 12 channels I watch from Sling. But I can also get 15 of my choice from Spectrum Choice including the Over The Air Broadcast Channels as their Streaming Only Option at a reasonably low cost. But I only need Sling Blue.

Now for those of you without the ability to use an antenna, there is still hope. You can get all the Broadcast shows the next day or a few days late from each channel's website.

But since I have been able to get Hulu basic each year of the last few years on Black Friday for one or two dollars a month, I use Hulu to get my broadcast channels the next day except CBS and CW and their other programing which include a lot of cable networks that most people don't know about like Fx for example.

Rich 1944

Prominent
Aug 1, 2021
This all sounds good, but you never mention what you are now paying for broadband service as part of the cord-cutting savings. And what about possible data caps? Just need a little more information. Tha ks!
In case you don't get a reply from the author, with Spectrum in my area (Florida) you pay $49 a month for cable internet the first year ($45 bundled with cable) $60 the second year, and $75 the third year. Back when I had cable several years ago and after I cut the cord, I needed to quit for a month and go with the phone company and then come back in order to reset first-year prices. I would do it about this time of year when there wasn't much on Cable. In my area and as far as I know in other areas there are no data caps with Spectrum

Rich 1944

Prominent
Aug 1, 2021
This all sounds good, but you never mention what you are now paying for broadband service as part of the cord cutting savings. And what about possible data caps? Just need a little more information. Tha ks!
Just to round out the information according to Suppose.TV which has Spectrum Select TV with third-year cable internet at about $200 (internet according to my other post) and probably that is low because it is first-year Cable TV

Jun 20, 2022
Huh, I find it rather interesting that the article never mentioned what internet provider they use. In order to use Sling or any other streaming service you MUST have an internet connection. For any serious streaming the barest of minimums should be at least 100mbps. I love these articles about cutting the cable... only for them to leave out that one thing.

Rich 1944

Prominent
Aug 1, 2021
Huh, I find it rather interesting that the article never mentioned what internet provider they use. In order to use Sling or any other streaming service you MUST have an internet connection. For any serious streaming the barest of minimums should be at least 100mbps. I love these articles about cutting the cable... only for them to leave out that one thing.
The article does say the internet provider: She said, "As I noted in the first part of my cord-cutting saga last year, the Spectrum bill that instigated it was $185.08 "

That is why I filled in some of the details about what Spectrum charges for the internet. I also check with someone that has had cable and internet with Spectrum for several years and that person is paying $212 a month with the lowest level of cable called Select.

Rich 1944

Prominent
Aug 1, 2021
The article does say the internet provider: She said, "As I noted in the first part of my cord-cutting saga last year, the Spectrum bill that instigated it was $185.08 "

That is why I filled in some of the details about what Spectrum charges for the internet. I also check with someone that has had cable and internet with Spectrum for several years and that person is paying $212 a month with the lowest level of cable called Select.
I should have added that almost no one that wants to use the Spectrum app would not have Spectrum internet because it is usually the only real one in town and if you want to use the app without Spectrum internet you can't get locals and some cable channels on the app without Spectrum Cable.