I ditched Android for iPhone for a year — here’s what happened

Apr 10, 2023
How much did he get paid to write this or was this done by a bot? What human compares a 7 year old phone to any phone we use today?

I think a bot wrote this

Reactions: Gfitzgerald62
Apr 10, 2023
I have an android phone, Sony headphones, a Windows laptop... And literally everything you describe here happens on my devices. Everything.

Without all the additional purchases you had to make.... Not sure how this article is helpful or informative.

Tony Polanco

Prominent
Nov 1, 2021
Hey, everyone.

Regarding comments saying it’s unfair to compare the iPhone 13 Pro to the Samsung Galaxy S7, I want to be clear that wasn’t my intention. I simply wanted to share my experience after using an iPhone for a year. More specifically, how the device eased me into the Apple ecosystem and how that has made my life easier. Again, I’m not trying to compare a modern phone to an older one. That would indeed be unfair.

Apr 10, 2023
I have an android phone, Sony headphones, a Windows laptop... And literally everything you describe here happens on my devices. Everything.

Without all the additional purchases you had to make.... Not sure how this article is helpful or informative.

Just want to echo the sentiment here. I can do all of this with a pixel phone and Windows laptop

Aug 30, 2022
Please Toms Guide, I reach out to this site for real reviews and technical articles, not some crappy opinion or personal experience of their choice with no backing to actual realtime technology and current product line comparison.

Apr 10, 2023
Dude migrated from an S7 - a 7 year old phone. What a serious waste of a read!
Imagine owning one phone for 7 years... 7 years the battery worked, 7 years of software updates, 7 years of charging and bouncing around through life still connecting to headphones and everything. That is an eternity in the phone world and after all that you decide to switch companies.

Apr 10, 2023
I have an iPhone 13 for work and a Samsung S22 ultra for my personal phone. I have had each for a year and there is nothing about the iPhone that is better than the Samsung. Also the camera on my S22 is vastly better to the point that comparing the two isn't even possible. I am sure that an iPhone works better if you want to live in the apple ecosystem, but Samsung has an ecosystem as well that is cheaper and in most ways superior, but hey when people see that apple on the back of your phone they know you are cool. Perhaps part of the reason you went back to the branded case? To each his own, but apple needs to work on the power button and for the love of God put numbers on the keyboard.

Apr 10, 2023
If you can afford the Apple premium, you can also afford the most up to date Android. Which are more advanced still.
Not an S7.
Literally everything you describe here, I can do from an an old S10+.
Sure, it won't be the highest pixel rating, but it functions the same.

Oh yeah, and, I won't be paying extortion level pricing for storage and whatever extras per month(all those little extras per month? Yeah, that adds up.)

This article might as well have been written by someone smashing keys on an ultra overpriced Apple laptop.

The average person, you know, the one that isn't willing or, cannot shell out $5000+ for the total package, (as commented elsewhere, a $1000 of extras just for the iPhone)to be apart of the Apple ecosystem (read: exorbitant fan club) of the ever vapid: "my messages are no longer the wrong 'color' to my friends."

Seriously. What a joke.

Apr 10, 2023
Hey, everyone.

Regarding comments saying it’s unfair to compare the iPhone 13 Pro to the Samsung Galaxy S7, I want to be clear that wasn’t my intention. I simply wanted to share my experience after using an iPhone for a year. More specifically, how the device eased me into the Apple ecosystem and how that has made my life easier. Again, I’m not trying to compare a modern phone to an older one. That would indeed be unfair.

If your intentions weren't to be unfair by comparing a 7 year old Android to a newer Apple phone you clearly have FAILED. This article is such BS and a totally unfair and unequal comparison. How do you have a job at a tech blog when your personal phone is a dinosaur? I just can't take this article seriously it all because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about and you're an apple sheep. Why not get a new Android use that for a while and then compare to an apple? That would be actually somewhat Fair.

Apr 10, 2023
Comparing an S7 to an iPhone 13 pro isn't really a great comparison when you jump from an Android phone that old with outdated specifications to a phone that fairly new. Just crazy you sat down and thought that would come off as a good article

Apr 12, 2023
I moved from S5 to iPhone 7, then iPhone 11. Now I'm back to Android (OnePlus 11).

The benefits in the article is just one sided. And some of the strength happens to be the weakness as well. Like ONLY Apple device works with Apple device. Apple is poor at common standards. I got iPad mini 6 which they have switched to USB C, but realised their USB C is not exactly the same dimension as industry standards. It is slightly smaller so if you use Apple USB C cable on other devices will be too loose; vice versa other USB C cable into the iPad cannot fit in.

Only thing iPhone is really good is their GPU. For the same game eg. Diablo, my iPhone 11 is still rendering smoothly vs my OnePlus 11 which outrank latest iPhone 14 in some benchmark. So iPhone graphics is very good.

But that's just it.

Fact is iPhone is just stagnant. Look at the reviews for iPhone 14. Experts are saying not worth to upgrade. Look at news of iPhone 15 also has some disappointing points like "possible that Apple could limit features like fast charging and high-speed data transfer to Apple and MFi-certified cables.".

iPhone battery last longer? Sure.. but my new OnePlus 11 can full charge in 20min.

If you want things to be exactly the same, just hardware refresh with slow release of new features, yes stick with Apple.

TRENDING THREADS