I ditched my Android for iPhone — 5 reasons I'm not going back

Mar 6, 2022
I don't know how to tell you this, actually I do, but the S22 Ultra has a 120 hz refresh rate as well. Oops, there goes one of your reasons.

Mar 6, 2022
Okay enough! You became a mindless iPhone owner. Who cares?! You enjoy following a fad. You chose to be a trend follower. Why should anyone care? I'm so tired of seeing these types of posts! The people that I know that own an iPhone, own it because they love trends and they want to be a follower. So you shouldn't be so proud to make the switch. You are even a trend follower on this, subject. What a giant waste of an article!

kiniku

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
5 reasons why moving from Android to iPhone just works for me.

I ditched my Android for iPhone — 5 reasons I'm not going back : Read more
I did the same 2 months ago. Up until then, I was a 15 y/o Android fanboi. I owned several Samsung's, Pixels, and a OnePlus. Prior to that I had tried a couple of iPhones but their walled garden forcing of Apple only products kept me away. Well years later and iOS 15 allows you to use other browsers, email clients, calendars, and mapping apps as defaults. I mean Google products in their place. You can even use Google Assistant. iOS has come a long way over the years. Android has numerous phone manufacturers, and many of those manufacturers have multiple models. So Android versions have to be designed and to evolve with the greatest common denominator to maintain compatibility. While Apple really doesn't have that problem. With the uniformity of Apple's in house built products, their iOS apps have polish and the intuition is built in. Even the mainstream Google apps have more polish on iOS than the Android versions. Crazy. Add to that the iPhone 13 has the most powerful hardware even compared to Samsung's newest SOC launched 1 month ago, the iPhone 13 Pro Max has longer battery life than any phone, and the iPhone made a compelling argument to me. I never thought I'd say I love an iPhone. But an iPhone is a tech commodity. So much so, even Apple's strongest competitors not only develop for it, they develop and support Apple's quality app experience. They can't afford not to. No organization can't. Bank, financial, tech, whatever. Apple's quality controls impact everything. Rather than the slap-together approach of the respective Android apps.

There are things I miss with Android. Customization. For sure. With Android, I could set a custom notification for every app and even every app's different types of notifications. Not on the iPhone. I miss Samsung's always on display for those notifications. But back to polish, almost everything flows with an iPhone, intuitively. So the trade-offs are worth it to me. Personally, I like face unlock. Most of my financial and business apps support it. After the first login, the app asks me if I'd prefer to use Face unlock from that point on. Almost everything just flows predictably as I use my iPhone. So while a "walled garden" my sound controlling, it's done for a reason, and it just works. Millions of people own iPhones models X and newer, and it would be foolish to not develop for them, no matter what or who you are. At this point, I may never go back to Android. Once you get used to the experience, it would be a tough sell.

Mar 6, 2022
I have used both apple and android products. Apple quality is good but lifespan short and u have only 1 product and maker to choose Depending on the brands, android products quality ranges from low to high and better then apple. In short, people have choices with andriod.

To say that apple product is better then android is like saying french is better then english.

All i can say is good luck to you. When a maker like apple makes it almost impossible for people to transfer their data to andriod. It just proves that they know more will switch to andriod then andriod to apple.

For me, i choose english over french for now....

Mar 6, 2022
Enjoy being told what you can and can't do with your hardware. Android flagships boast better cameras and for good reason. This is either sponsored or you drank way too much Kool aid.

Reactions: Sim2er

Sim2er

Commendable
Mar 7, 2022
For the most part it sounds like you want the iPhone hardware running on Android software.

What other Bluetooth headphones did you have issues with? I've never had issues with products in the same price bracket as Apple, and I've personally found Apt-X HD provides better quality than apple's codec. Honestly I've found it annoying that Apple isn't compatible with standardized technology: USB C, Miracast, RCS messaging, etcetera, though thankfully qi wireless charging is supported.

Honestly the only real advantages to Apple's ecosystem is the Apple watch and iPad is just better than the android alternatives. The thing is that competitors could release comparable products, or if Apple truly has an unassailable advantage then it's anti-competitive by definition and I don't want to support that either.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2022
Not a single one of your reasons was compelling. I have an older Pixel 4A. Beautiful photos, long battery life ( I'm at the end of the day and I have 43% remaining) and highly customizable. And that obscene price. There isn't a phone on the market -- Android or iPhone -- that I would spend $1,000 on. Are you sure you want to post that photo of the cat as a selling point? Really?