I dropped my phone in water, i was told soaking your batter & the case in a bag of dry rice for a few hours usually work, but

Solution
The rice thing really doesn't work the way people think it does.

What you should do is take the battery out, as it can be seriously damaged by water. Then leave the device off and open somewhere to dry. How long to dry it is determined by how long it was in water and also if there was anything else in the water (soap, etc.).

If you only dropped it for a moment or two, and there was no others stuff in the water, give it a day or two, to be safe. Off, open, somewhere safe to dry out, plus the battery, SIM and any SD card out. The longer it was in, the longer you leave it. If it was in the water for awhile, then I would suggest leaving it a week if not more (if in a long while).

Yes, I know that seems hard to do, but it is better to let...
The rice thing really doesn't work the way people think it does.

What you should do is take the battery out, as it can be seriously damaged by water. Then leave the device off and open somewhere to dry. How long to dry it is determined by how long it was in water and also if there was anything else in the water (soap, etc.).

If you only dropped it for a moment or two, and there was no others stuff in the water, give it a day or two, to be safe. Off, open, somewhere safe to dry out, plus the battery, SIM and any SD card out. The longer it was in, the longer you leave it. If it was in the water for awhile, then I would suggest leaving it a week if not more (if in a long while).

Yes, I know that seems hard to do, but it is better to let it fully dry out, to avoid any problems (if they can be avoided) rather than losing the device and everything on it.

Solution