I gave Moon Knight a second chance — and I wish I hadn't

Apr 30, 2022
Not sure if we watched the same show, most of your points couldn't be further from the truth
I keep seeing bizarrely critical reviews like this that don't make any sense. Legitimate criticism is fine, but some of these go so far as to be obvious attempts to sabotage the shows success. I figure it is a competitor, say Netflix for example given their recent issues, bribing people to post reviews like this. I'm not saying the show is without its flaws, none are, but I've found the characters engaging especially that it is based largely around building those characters instead of nonstop action sequences. Nothing has been "incoherent" as it is a pretty easy to follow story line, unless there is some deficiency inhibiting the viewer's ability to comprehend a string of events. And the complaint that it doesn't drop enough hints that it is a part of the MCU is ridiculous. I don't go around talking about the world's crises current and past throughout the day. Most people don't. Life goes on and people tend to not want to focus on the worst things in it (like in the MCU the blip, or in real life the pandemic, 9/11, Ukraine's situation or another if a myriad of disasters we've lived through over the years.)

This "review" is either trying to attract traffic/clicks for the sake of ads (suck it, my hosts file blocks all of them) or is simple a shill for a competing streaming service. Either way it comes across as petty and doesn't line up with a lot of the general consensus most of us have for the show.

Apr 30, 2022
What an absolutely terrible review, idk if you watched the show with your phone in your hand the whole time or what but most of your points make zero sense. This has review bomb written all over it because you didn't make any valid points. The show has its issues such as the scene where the gods decided of Harrow was innocent or guilty about hunting for Ammit. Yet you don't bring up any specific scenes to show positives or negatives of the show. All you said was "I didn't" get interested in the gods," "i didn't like the relationship" and "i miss the mcu." Nothing of substance to show why that why thosee were bad or how the mcu connection would strengthen the show. I get articles from this website sent to my google pixal all the time but im going to blacklist it on my browser now because this is one to many terrible pieces of journalism sent my way.

Apr 30, 2022
Clearly you haven't got a clue what good TV is then if you think moon knight. Falcon and the winter soldier and what if we're meh. I have just made an account just to tell you your review is complete and utter crap. Thank god you don't work for marvel. Please don't bother wasting people's time again in the future with your meh opinions

Apr 30, 2022
"Hawkeye is a great example of a show that I found fairly disappointing but still felt compelled to finish because of its close ties to the wider MCU. "

How are you a fan of the MCU? Clearly you're not of you complain about these shows. Maybe the CW is more your speed?

Hawkeye was my second favorite after WandaVision, then Falcon. I don't understand what you're looking for... Bam Pow Adam West Batman?

Moon Knight is exceptional in how it deals with DID and mentally illness along with introducing new metaphysical forces needed to power the mysticism and wonder of all of these "powers" logically and realistically. The show is easier to grasp than Fox's X-Men based "Legion".

When he's Moon Knight it's a spectacle to behold. The backstory is great and rich and you most be missing more than we see. Especially since his third personality Jake) has been shown to us secretly all along.

I was annoyed with the first article you posted on this and let it go, but now to see you revisited this on such a funky cool show is starting to look like click bait.

Apr 30, 2022
Can't believe I'll be creating an account on a random forum/thread just to say, you're the absolute worst reviewer ever. How I wish I didn't "gave you a chance" to read this nonsense review and waste 3 minutes of my time for someone babbling about a disney plus origin show that obviously wont compete against end game nor spiderman to start off. It's sad to see how you were "bored" with other marvel shows as well and how you emphasize you have to watch them to be in loop with the mcu timeljne and to redeem yourself as an "mcu fan". Well you're clearly just messing around with yourself, stop watching them. Plain and simple and stick to anime.

Apr 30, 2022
Moon Knight is far from perfect. But I could and would easily watch it again before that recycled, boring, tired Falcon and Winter Soldier. That show was probably the safest Marvel has played it since phase one.

May 1, 2022
Mostly agree with the article. Would have been better disconnected from the Mcu. Moonknight wastes Ethan Hawke. Episodes seem to showcase Oscar Isaac acting range without moving the story forward. Disney+ seems to agree. Already announced this series is one and done.

Apr 30, 2022
Mostly agree with the article. Would have been better disconnected from the Mcu. Moonknight wastes Ethan Hawke. Episodes seem to showcase Oscar Isaac acting range without moving the story forward. Disney+ seems to agree. Already announced this series is one and done.
lol it's a miniseries as it was intended to be 😅 and most audiences don't even know who Moon Knight is so letting people get to know the personalities of his avatar and learning about his life and how his story began is important. The show is pretty fantastic in actuality so although people are entitled to their opinions it doesn't mean they're accurate or fitting. This review is complete rubbish.

May 1, 2022
I really tried to like Moon Knight but after four disappointing episodes I'm walking away from the Marvel TV show.

I gave Moon Knight a second chance — and I wish I hadn't : Read more
I made an account just to respond to this awful review. If that was the point of the article then congratulations!

This review couldn't be more wrong about Moon Knight. Now I will say I have been an MCU fan since the beginning and after Endgame I was done. Spiderman No Way Home was fun and enjoyable but for the most part, the movies have been duds and the shows never seem to stick the landing. As of writing this we still don't know how this show gets wrapped up but for the first 5 episodes of this show, I can say it has blown me away.

I have been trying to think of what makes this show work for me that the other shows didn't have. It is 3 things.
  1. The humor is light and limited. Marvel has a problem with too many jokes and this strikes a good balance.
  2. Oscar Isacc is doing an incredible job acting like all these separate characters. Even when he is possessed by Konshu midway through the season he feels like a different person. Incredible job from the entire cast but especially Oscar as that's who we spend the most time with.
  3. It is able to focus on telling its own story without needing to insert MCU references. The show that we have now is already so gripping and exciting that it doesn't need the rest of the MCU as a crutch. That was my problem with Loki and especially Hawkeye. Obviously, those characters have been around for 10+ years in the MCU so, of course, they will have references but they could have focused more on the individuals the shows were named after. Instead, they were mostly concerned with propping up their replacements.
Now again we don't know if this show will stick the landing. WandaVision had a lot of potential but it was completely squandered in its last 2 episodes (Ralph Bohner, Agatha all along but not really, Massive CGI fight that was completely unnecessary). I hope the show continues to be interesting and maintains its momentum well past the finale on Wednesday.

May 1, 2022
What an absolutely terrible review, idk if you watched the show with your phone in your hand the whole time or what but most of your points make zero sense. This has review bomb written all over it because you didn't make any valid points. The show has its issues such as the scene where the gods decided of Harrow was innocent or guilty about hunting for Ammit. Yet you don't bring up any specific scenes to show positives or negatives of the show. All you said was "I didn't" get interested in the gods," "i didn't like the relationship" and "i miss the mcu." Nothing of substance to show why that why thosee were bad or how the mcu connection would strengthen the show. I get articles from this website sent to my google pixal all the time but im going to blacklist it on my browser now because this is one to many terrible pieces of journalism sent my way.
Lol I am here for the exact same reason. My pixel recommended this article to me and I just had to respond. Peace!

May 1, 2022
This has to be the most bizarre, furthest from the truth article I’ve read in a while. Each point made was the exact opposite of reality, and this article was nothing but odd, baseless rambles. MoonKnight has been one of the most passionate, comic accurate, & well-written DisneyPlus shows Marvel has made yet, and this is coming from someone who’s watched them all. This show not only had good acting, well-written scripts, an amazing score, and an interesting plot line, it also touches on aspects of mental health that aren’t typically talked about in mainstream television. This show is a masterpiece in several aspects. Not sure who hurt you, but please sit down and give yourself a moment to think critically before you post a nonsense article.