I gave my Galaxy S23 Ultra new life by installing a turbocharged software update — here’s why

Apr 8, 2024
I sent my s24 ultra back. It did a software update and stopped charging. $1300 it should be ready to go without issue, but, as I researched it, it's a common issue. It's like they are taking a page out of Microsoft windows book. Remember when windows 95 and subsequent versions were never truly ready for use and they overcharged premium pricing?

Go for you for keeping your s23.

Apr 9, 2024
I sent my s24 ultra back. It did a software update and stopped charging. $1300 it should be ready to go without issue, but, as I researched it, it's a common issue. It's like they are taking a page out of Microsoft windows book. Remember when windows 95 and subsequent versions were never truly ready for use and they overcharged premium pricing?

This still seems like an isolated issue. My S24U doesn’t have any of these issues. I’ve been using it for two months now and have never faced any of these aforementioned problems. A family member of mine uses the S23U, and of course, I compared them. Although the differences aren’t that major, I saw quite a few, what I would call, satisfactory upgrades that just let you know you’re using a much more powerful and newer phone.

Apr 8, 2024
This still seems like an isolated issue. My S24U doesn’t have any of these issues. I’ve been using it for two months now and have never faced any of these aforementioned problems. A family member of mine uses the S23U, and of course, I compared them. Although the differences aren’t that major, I saw quite a few, what I would call, satisfactory upgrades that just let you know you’re using a much more powerful and newer phone.
Samsung and AT&T both told me that it's an issue and would be addressed with the next update but couldn't tell me when that would be. My choice was to change wirelessly and hope the issue would be resolved with the next update or send it back.

I've been a Samsung fan for a long time. Since the s4 (I even bought the s4 camera (which was still a phone). This has been my first disappointment.

Apr 12, 2024

My S23 (non-ultra) just got the update and now my phone won't charge via usb on 3 out of 4 chargers or be recognized by a PC! Samsung support was useless and are telling me to bring it to a service center 1.5 hrs away...

Some bugs are to be expected but, charging is a basic function. It's definitely making me reconsider whether I buy a Samsung for my next phone ...

Apr 8, 2024
My S23 (non-ultra) just got the update and now my phone won't charge via usb on 3 out of 4 chargers or be recognized by a PC! Samsung support was useless and are telling me to bring it to a service center 1.5 hrs away...

Some bugs are to be expected but, charging is a basic function. It's definitely making me reconsider whether I buy a Samsung for my next phone ...
I will give the s26 a try, because this is a a first time issue for me.

Yazzoo7

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2017
Is anyone having issues with their video captures being pixelated when they are sent to and received by other Android (and iOS) phones? I've had this problem for quite some time. Android's "fix" has been to suggest sending them via a 3rd party app like WhatsApp. Currently, I am sending them to the receiver's FB Messenger and that seems to work but I shouldn't have to do that.