I got some taplika virus thing

Craig Martin

Estimable
Dec 25, 2014
Alright so I need to increase my typing speed so I took a typing test got 52 wpm on this typing test then there was this thing called type meter that said it would help increase my typing scores I downloaded and installed it and Norton said it was clean and safe so after it installed I had 2 new icons on my desktop one called typemeter and one called taplika well when I went to my browser it had a tab called taplika search or something so I am thinking shit is that a virus so I google it and they say it's a virus I do a full system scan on Norton delet the threats reboot my pc and everything is working fine the welcom to windows 7 thing comes up but when It loads my desktop it's completely black but programs I have downloaded that are set up to load on boot load like steam comes up and I can see it but my icons and screensaver arnt there what do I do

Solution
I saw a computer with that just yesterday. Run through the malware guide in my signature.

Once it's done, open Internet Explorer, and reset your home page, and delete the accelerator add-on.

aford10

Distinguished
I saw a computer with that just yesterday. Run through the malware guide in my signature.

Once it's done, open Internet Explorer, and reset your home page, and delete the accelerator add-on.

Solution

KOP

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015
lol i had the same problem. the thing is taplika blocked my control pannel from uninstalling it. the wierdest thing is is that avg safe search led me to this in the first place. take action quickly b4 taplika hijacks your pc. it did this for my windows os yesterday and now i get the bsod 0x24 on boot and my computer restarts. taplika likes to mess with your files and it messed with my registry files meaning i can no longer start up windows. not even in safe mode. luckily my computer also has linux so im using that right now. now i have to reinsatll windows. so ye i kno this is not really a solution but i want you to know that you are not alone.