I got the Echo Show 15 and it’s great — except for this one flaw

Moose and Squirrel

Banned
BANNED
Mar 12, 2022
The market for "There used to be something on this wall and now there's an ugly spot" or "There still is a defunct wall mounted item hanging on my wall" is IMO seriously underestimated.

A very long time ago I picked up a 21" HP Slate android touchscreen all-in-one that had a vesa mount and I put that on an articulating arm over where a wall mounted intercom system used to be before I removed it. The device was $200 and had been discontinued, formerly a business product that was designed to be an android desktop system, complete with e-waste keyboard and mouse.

That, minus the peripherals, was a real treat and offered a full android 4.4 experience. Especially good once it received it's one update that fixed it's "sleep of death" problem that had been the cause of the discontinuation.

Face ID and 'hey google' worked on it, and it had a webcam and took an HDMI input, so it lived a good long life until stuff no longer wanted to update on that old version of android.

I had seen this Amazon device as a replacement, but it was too small. Now I see that it's also extremely limited.

Be nice if someone focused more on the "mirror sized smart display" to cover those ugly wall spots, and a lot less on trying to put smarts into a refrigerator?

TRENDING THREADS