Status
Not open for further replies.

davethangjam

Estimable
May 10, 2014
guys i recently got myself a sony vaio e series vpcea32en for music production cause i wanted to more mobile rig. I've been using desktop for recording for more than a year i have no issue with my desktop. when i plug my interface in my laptop with battery charging there's a lot of noise coming out from my interface (headphone and monitors output). I've read in the internet that its a grounding issues but most people who face grounding issues usually use 3 prong in their power supply but my power supply is only 2 prong so please help me. i've tried noise gate/switching off wireless connection too. and i know that a di box/ground loop isolator can fix the problem but i'm kinda bankrupt atm so please suggest some cheap ways to eliminate the noise. IThanks

Heres the picture of my power supply pin look like

http://cdn1.zepo.in/upload/product_photos/base/0/4/173/original1.306669.2.jpg

Solution
Ground loop put out about a 50hz-60hz signal so unless it's a hum, probably not a ground loop problem.

Now a charging laptop puts out noise more in the mid range. It's a common problem with a charging laptop. A ground loop isolator won't fix that problem.

Maybe invest in an extra battery and keep one charging.

be seeing you, the Prisoner...
Ground loop put out about a 50hz-60hz signal so unless it's a hum, probably not a ground loop problem.

Now a charging laptop puts out noise more in the mid range. It's a common problem with a charging laptop. A ground loop isolator won't fix that problem.

Maybe invest in an extra battery and keep one charging.

be seeing you, the Prisoner...

Solution

davethangjam

Estimable
May 10, 2014
sometimes recording a track takes arounds 10 hours. so i think no battery will backup for that long time. i have two options selling my laptop and back to my desktop for recording or meet an electric engineer and let him take a look at my power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.