I had my computer RAT'ed, possibly it was blackshades, need help safely getting files from phone that might be infected.

raialameer

Estimable
Nov 22, 2015
I had my computer RAT'ed, possibly it was blackshades, so i reinstalled OS, but i still have phone with some files in it from the time when it was infected(hacked), so now im afraid to connect it to my computer because those files might be infected.. how do i get these files back, and remove infection from phone if there is one?
Also, can svchost.exe be RAT or virus?

Thank you.

Mar 30, 2015
Sorry for the late response but here is a good way:
Step 1: Download and burn a Linux LiveUSB (I reccomend Mint or Ubuntu for ease of use)
Step 2: Boot USB (you may have to go to BIOS configuration and change the boot order so the LiveUSB is first) and select an option like "Try Ubuntu (without installing)
Step 3: Open the file manager (it probably looks like a folder, and is on a taskbar)
Step 4: Plug in your phone
Step 5: Copy files from your phone to the computer
Step 6: Shut down computer and remove LiveUSB, then boot up Windows.
Congratulations, you have rescued your files without infecting your computer!!
This works on any computer by the way.

raialameer

Estimable
Nov 22, 2015

The same or similar method can be done with any other computer, that is why i specifically said ''those files might be infected'' that means, that i think it is possible that some of my files might possibly be infected themselves, and how is it possible to clean them aswell.