I had reset my computer to an earlier date and cancelled it while the process is on and restarted but it is showing missing op

Srinivas_6

Commendable
May 8, 2016
I cancelled the reset process in my laptop and when istarted it again it is showing missing operating system. What to do.... ? Somebody help please

Solution
You can try doing a Windows Repair using your restore disks, possibly your boot options may have a Repair option as well. Doing a factory reset will wipe the system fully, a repair will try to fix any issues it finds with the current setup and not delete your files. If a repair does not work, you will need to do a backup of your files and settings like favorites if you want to keep them before doing a factory reset. Since your system won't boot you will either need to use a Linux Live boot disk or move your drive into another computer as a secondary drive and copy your files that way manually from the user directory.
You can try doing a Windows Repair using your restore disks, possibly your boot options may have a Repair option as well. Doing a factory reset will wipe the system fully, a repair will try to fix any issues it finds with the current setup and not delete your files. If a repair does not work, you will need to do a backup of your files and settings like favorites if you want to keep them before doing a factory reset. Since your system won't boot you will either need to use a Linux Live boot disk or move your drive into another computer as a secondary drive and copy your files that way manually from the user directory.

Solution