I have a acoustic audio AA5170 only the one piece the big one is that a subwoofer. Can u hook this one up to my insignia tv a

Feb 9, 2018
need help to installed my acoustic audio AA5170 only have the subwoofer but i have my own stereo speaker system.

Solution
Without the make and model of your stereo speaker system I can't give an exact answer.
If the speakers are passive you can connect them to the RCA speaker level output on the subwoofer. The center pin of the RCA plug should be the plus speaker connection.
If they are active you would need to use a speaker to line level converter.
Cheaper gear uses RCA connections for speaker terminals, which was not what they were designed for, so it seems like you could just use an RCA cable but that could overload the input of the powered speaker, cause distortion, and maybe damage the amp in the speaker over time.
Without the make and model of your stereo speaker system I can't give an exact answer.
If the speakers are passive you can connect them to the RCA speaker level output on the subwoofer. The center pin of the RCA plug should be the plus speaker connection.
If they are active you would need to use a speaker to line level converter.
Cheaper gear uses RCA connections for speaker terminals, which was not what they were designed for, so it seems like you could just use an RCA cable but that could overload the input of the powered speaker, cause distortion, and maybe damage the amp in the speaker over time.

Solution