I have a connected hdmi cord hooked up from my desktop computer to a tv monitor , it works fine visually but no sound.

kferg

Estimable
May 4, 2015
How do i get the sound to work through the hdmi cord from my tv into my desktop? the sound button on the bottom right of my screen has an X through it and i have tried installing drivers and it still doesn't work. i need some serious help! please!

holyprof

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
After connecting the TV via HDMI, restart the PC so it can properly detect the TV. I had problems with sound when using HDMI to hook my PC to the TV, i tried everything and nothing worked unless the PC is restarted after you plug the HDMI cable.

and this:
Select the GPU's Digital sound as the default audio device.
On windows 7: right-click on the speaker icon next to the clock, select "Playback devices" (sorry if not translating correctly, my windows is in portuguese), then select the graphics card digital HDMI output as the default sound device. It's name should be something like "Digital Audio (HDMI)".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 4
T Streaming Video & TVs 3
F Streaming Video & TVs 2
W Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 4
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 21
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 4
F Streaming Video & TVs 3
Similar threads
Solved! For AV or RCA connections only TV will an adapter with the Roku Ultra work? An adaptor that the Roku will hook into but the
Solved! Bought a flat screen and the antenna connection on back has been broke off, how can I hook up my antenna through the DVD playe
Hi I'm trying to hook up an amplified indoor flat HDTV antenna to a olevia 265fhd-t11. There is no antenna connection on the b
I'm got my laptop hook up to a Roku tv but it's saying that it's not connected
Can i connect my older model flat screet to my phone with hdmi but i got hdmi hooked up to my cable converter box to tv
Hook up my JVC model EM32TS be connected to Samsung surround speakers through a venturer surround sound box
My old TV has only a cable connection on the back. What can I use to hook it up to Roku?
I have red white and yellow cable connection on my tv what do I hook that into so that my tv works.
I have connected a Samsung 7000 series sound bar to a 7000 series tv. I want to hook up an older CD player to this. How plea
I have an rca sound bar that does not have any connection cords. The sound bar does not have an hdmi port, how can I hook it u
I have a Panasonic tv and I lost remote trying to hook up a little remote app and it says I need wifi connected to my tv and I
I tried to hook my surround sound to my tv via av cables but it won't connect i was told i need a optical cable in order for i
Trying to hook up a Vizio tv with a new Sony Dvd Player. Connected it according to instructions, then go to Input on TV and sc
How can I hook my epson projector that doesn't have a hdmi input up to a genie. Projector has an s video connection
My cable connector broke can i hook up to dish box with HDMI even thou dish not connected
How do I connect a Sony sound bar and Sony sub to a toshiba tv. Also direct tv is also hooked up to tv
I want to hook-up my dvd/vcr (it has no HDMI outlet) to my tv that is connected to directv with a model C51-100 that is connec
Trying to hook my vizo TV up to a samsung sound bar by using the optic connections. Couldn't get any sound thru the sound bar
Have older DVD recorder and surround sound. No hdmi connection. How do I hook them up to my cable box and had tv?
I just bought a used UN32EH4003F and have been unsuccessful in hooking it up to my Direct TV connection. Any suggestions?

ASK THE COMMUNITY