I have a coolpad that won't startup even after a factory reset

Feb 11, 2018
I have a Coolpad Avail phone. My phone was wet a couple of times by spills leaking onto the phone but never submerged into water which continued to work after it dried. However, there were a few times it begin to have issues. The last issues with the phone was the phone freezing up and open apps malfunctioning. I was instructed to remove the battery and wait about 5 or more minutes. In doing so, I replaced the battery back into the phone and proceeded to power on the phone. The phone powered up but froze at the coolpad logo mode. I finally performed a factory reset but the results were the same. I have even rebooted the phone and wiped the cache countless times to no avail! The phone has never recovered. I thank and appreciate everyone's suggestions of help in this matter!

Solution
It may not have been dry. It can take days for a phone to dry out (depending on the amount and type of liquid), plus the battery and any SIM or SD cards should never be left in the device when it is drying out. If you left them in (as it seems to say in your post) then it is totally possible that there is more liquid in the device and that the battery could have been damaged (or even caused damage to other parts of the phone).

I would try letting it dry, with everything out of it, a day (24 hrs) and then try again. If it still won't work, then take it to a local tech to look at.
It may not have been dry. It can take days for a phone to dry out (depending on the amount and type of liquid), plus the battery and any SIM or SD cards should never be left in the device when it is drying out. If you left them in (as it seems to say in your post) then it is totally possible that there is more liquid in the device and that the battery could have been damaged (or even caused damage to other parts of the phone).

I would try letting it dry, with everything out of it, a day (24 hrs) and then try again. If it still won't work, then take it to a local tech to look at.

Solution