I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop, just recently it has gone into airplane mode and will not allow the wifi button to be turned o

jules1959

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016
Unable to connect my laptop to the Internet. It has gone into Airplane mode and will not allow me to select wifi. Can u help?

Solution
If "Airplane mode" is stuck "on", on your laptop and the switch is grayed out to turn it off, check the laptop itself (not the software, the case) and make sure there isn't an actual physical wireless On/Off switch on it.

If there is one, and it is set to "Off", you won't be able to turn off "Airplane mode". You would need to set the physical switch to "On" and then you should be able to turn off "Airplane mode".
If "Airplane mode" is stuck "on", on your laptop and the switch is grayed out to turn it off, check the laptop itself (not the software, the case) and make sure there isn't an actual physical wireless On/Off switch on it.

If there is one, and it is set to "Off", you won't be able to turn off "Airplane mode". You would need to set the physical switch to "On" and then you should be able to turn off "Airplane mode".

Solution